Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Purchased a 2011 Honda cbr250 with an engine knock couple days later bike blew up (obviously expected) took everything apart and put a new motor into the bike all was well until we tried to start it. We can’t remember where the negative terminal goes to on the bike and even then the dash will not do anything and the bike itself nothings working. Anything else we should try before taking it into a shop? And can someone please help us with where the the negative terminal goes to!!

·
Registered
Honda: INNOVA125i(2010); CBR250R(2013)
232 Posts
And can someone please help us with where the the negative terminal goes to!!
Answer: The terminal connects to the chassis with the screw of the starter motor (see picture)
Rim Gas Auto part Automotive tire Bicycle part

To complete the task you need:
  • Knowledge (including professional literature),
  • Ability,
  • Tools,
  • and lots and lots of patience (and time).

If one of these is missing then it is best to approach a qualified mechanic.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Get service manual and compare wiring diagram to what you see on bike. Find each end of wires on diagram and verify it's physically connected to proper location on bike.

Also make sure kickstand switch, clutch switch, neutral switch and BAS are connected properly.

·
Registered
Honda: INNOVA125i(2010); CBR250R(2013)
232 Posts
Mainly, Knowledge :)
Rodger, I do not know which of the four factors is the most difficult to acquire, but a good mechanic needs all the four factors. Those whom money is not a problem for them will find that a toolbox is the easy part😀. But for most of us, money does not fall from the sky, and investing in a respectable toolbox is not cheap, and requires space, and space also costs money ...

·
Registered
39 Posts
Rodger, I do not know which of the four factors is the most difficult to acquire, but a good mechanic needs all the four factors. Those whom money is not a problem for them will find that a toolbox is the easy part😀. But for most of us, money does not fall from the sky, and investing in a respectable toolbox is not cheap, and requires space, and space also costs money ...
Totally agree, Tamir. There're always alternate options, we select what we like. That's why I think, one should have all the knowledge about all the possible options.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts