Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,
I bought AXO Primato II racing shoes, and even though I just keep my foot on the brake, it constantly jets pressed, may be due to their weight, or due to the angle of my foot, what can I do about this ???

I asked in the service center, that said break's play cannot be changed...

Plz help, this causes loss in acceleration and speed and it will also damage my brakes...

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
Lower the pedal height with the adjuster between the brake lever and the rear master cylinder.
Using a 10mm and 12mm open end spanner, hold both, and loosen the 12mm one,
then wind the 10mm hex on the rod to desired height, then tighten the 12mm locknut when you have it where you want it.
It is very high from the showroom.

Also you should really ride with the balls of your feet on the pegs not the arch.
Braking is done with the front not the back.

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
I'm not quite understanding the problem. Perhaps you are resting your foot on the brake too much while riding. I agree with above poster, you should rest the balls of your feet on the pegs; not "covering the brake" so to speak.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I'm not quite understanding the problem. Perhaps you are resting your foot on the brake too much while riding. I agree with above poster, you should rest the balls of your feet on the pegs; not "covering the brake" so to speak.

Only the ball of your foot on the peg and fingers on your front brakes, you will always have enough time time to move your foot on to the brake pedal while the front brake is working, it takes only a split second. The idea is not be nervous and keep pressing on he brakes, I used to make the same mistake but got out of it. All the best and enjoy your Honda.

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
Only the ball of your foot on the peg and fingers on your front brakes, you will always have enough time time to move your foot on to the brake pedal while the front brake is working, it takes only a split second. The idea is not be nervous and keep pressing on he brakes, I used to make the same mistake but got out of it. All the best and enjoy your Honda.[/QUOT

Excuse me?????:confused: Isn't that what I wrote?:confused: I was addressing the OP who is experiencing problems with the rear brake dragging and I suggested perhaps he should ride with the balls of his feet on the pegs.....which btw is how I ride. I do not ride with my foot covering the brake and I am not nervous. I've been riding for years. I'm thinking you misread my post:confused::eek:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts