Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I'm officially done fooling with this bike.

I put the wrap on myself. Took me three solid days of work, mostly by myself. It's far from perfect. Some bubbles here and there, some wrinkles where it's tucked in around the edges, and the seams on the tank look kinda sketchy. I don't know how much of that is just the nature of the beast and how much was me messing up, but I don't see how it could be a whole lot better. Some of the angles on this thing are near impossible for the vinyl to get into. A couple of the really rough angles actually started pulling themselves up after all was said and done. Luckily, they're in the middle of the sheet so I'm not worried about the whole piece coming off, and they're not very visible.

All in all, it looks good. It was expensive. It was a huge pain in the ass to install. And I don't think it's going to last more than a couple seasons. I can see having to do some patch work in the near future.

All in all, she's happy. So I'm happy.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Truly wicked looking! While not my style, your bike is most definitely eye-catching now! ;)

I've been thinking about some vinyl graphics too and appreciate you sharing your experience--it'll help manage my expectations if I decide to go for it. Enjoy & I hope it holds up for you given the investment of time & $ you've made. :)

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
dws

·
Premium Member
2,030 Posts
sweet! how much did the wrap cost? and who came up with that design? great job!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The wraps are $400 dollars from bikeskinz.com, and it was one of their canned designs. My wife just came to me with her **** netbook and says "I want this one." Who am I to say no?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
don't like the pattern, but thats just personal preference. Looks great, that is alot of work! way to go, i'm curious about this product now!
It seems to be as advertised. I didn't get into it, but if you email them they will do any design you want. Anything from patterns to actual pictures to their canned options with different logos/colors etc. They have a facebook page with a bunch of examples.

They also have a series of videos on their site that serve as a complete tutorial on how to install these things. They were very informative; certainly helped me get the job done.

Also according to their website, they stand behind their product. It says even if you blatantly mess something up, they will send you the odd piece at their cost because they "want your bike to look good."

I also had a couple discussions with the guy designing the things through email where he helped me work out some issues I was having; he responded promptly and helpfully.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Sick!! I was looking into those as well so once Im finished with my mods I'll prolly do the same but in a different pattern of course.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Nice work. Looks very good. I got full wrap from bikeskinz aswell and im very happy with it.

·
Banned
834 Posts
Nice work, looks very european.

·
Registered
33 Posts
That's badass, I can only imagine how much fun it was getting the vinyl to conform to those curves though, haha

·
Registered
540 Posts
The wraps are $400 dollars from bikeskinz.com, and it was one of their canned designs. My wife just came to me with her **** netbook and says "I want this one." Who am I to say no?
I can tell you are indeed a very wise man... nice job on the wrap. :D

·
Registered
8 Posts
I do this for a living. Just remember that you can't use application fluid with the 3m vinyl they provide. They won't stick. Lol. Its an air egress with light initial tack so no worry's when it comes to bubbles. Also, heat the snot out of it after conformed to relax the vinyl or it will bounce back and lift off. Get it hot to the touch without warping the plastic. That's the secret to it staying on. If anyone has any questions email me at [email protected]. I'm the production manager and installation trainer.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts