Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

Black Non-ABS finally in!

7K views 37 replies 13 participants last post by  Luke 
#1 ·

It was down pouring and my dealer asked me if I was sure I wanted to pick it up today... Ummm, yes I think I do! I ran it about an hour through the rain and this bad boy is awesome!

Sorry about the low quality pic, it was pretty late by the time I got home.

See less See more
Discussion starter · #3 ·
Nice dude! I think I put about 20-30 on mine... I will admit, my ass was hurting pretty bad by the end of the trip. Also, I had the honor of riding through the rain FREEZING... I actually had to pull over a couple times. Did you get the warrantee? I ended up getting it since it cost more to buy it later and you get 60 days to drop without a penalty.

Discussion starter · #7 ·
I had to... It was that or wait another day 2 days! It wasn't that bad either, the only annoying thing was not being able to blow past the porsche next to me because I'm breaking it in...

Discussion starter · #10 ·
The muffler is pretty ridiculous, I liked the idea I saw of sanding and painting it black but I wonder if that would do anything to the warranty? The sound isn't nearly as bad as that youtube video but I still will be buying a new muffler the first chance I get/see a quality one.

Discussion starter · #14 ·
Maybe they think no one will want to ride yet anything? I think the more popular riding states (ie Florida and Cali) got them first because they have strong sales year round. The place I bought mine from was huge!

BTW, Honda has a promo 1.99% financing if your credit is good enough... I'm going to end up paying only $170 interest over three years! Make sure to apply for that when you are at your dealer.

Discussion starter · #25 ·
First off, I would be very surprised to actually SEE someone take a manual porsche 0-60 in the time they "claim" it can go... Plus most anyone pretentious enough to actually own a porsche probably doesn't actually race it, and a bike's clutch is WAY easier to operate. If you put a rich douche against a high torque 250cc bike like the CBR with a skilled rider, I wouldn't be surprised to see the bike to be the first one to hit 30-40 mph.

Discussion starter · #27 ·
Did you order the ABS? I'm curious to know how well that extra $500 will hold up in resale value. I got the warranty and I'm wondering the same thing with that as well... I imagine if I ever want to sell, having a warranty would really increase resale.

Discussion starter · #34 ·
Yeah the 1.99% financing is great, but not everybody is going to be able to get it. BTW black is pretty sweet, I don't know why you would want that tri-color scheme instead! Honda probably doesn't think it's warm enough in Chicago yet for people to want to ride :) I was up there a few weeks ago and it was freezing, although I am from south florida.

Discussion starter · #37 ·
Yeah the black does show dried water and road dust but you don't really notice it from a few feet away. I wish I had a sweet spray brush because the black would look awesome with a few colored accents. I saw one on youtube with a slip-on exhaust that had really cool orange/red accents. I do worry about being seen at night, which is why I was looking into getting LED stuff, however I've heard they aren't always street legal.

Riding in Florida is pretty awesome - Yeah there are a lot of old people, but there are so many motorcycles out there it seems like people are more aware. That being said, I've already got caught in a downpour out of nowhere, and that is going to be going on ALL summer. You can practically set your watch everyday to the rain.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.