Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

Black Non-ABS finally in!

7K views 37 replies 13 participants last post by  Luke 
#1 ·

It was down pouring and my dealer asked me if I was sure I wanted to pick it up today... Ummm, yes I think I do! I ran it about an hour through the rain and this bad boy is awesome!

Sorry about the low quality pic, it was pretty late by the time I got home.

See less See more
#3 ·
Nice dude! I think I put about 20-30 on mine... I will admit, my ass was hurting pretty bad by the end of the trip. Also, I had the honor of riding through the rain FREEZING... I actually had to pull over a couple times. Did you get the warrantee? I ended up getting it since it cost more to buy it later and you get 60 days to drop without a penalty.

#10 ·
The muffler is pretty ridiculous, I liked the idea I saw of sanding and painting it black but I wonder if that would do anything to the warranty? The sound isn't nearly as bad as that youtube video but I still will be buying a new muffler the first chance I get/see a quality one.

#14 ·
Maybe they think no one will want to ride yet anything? I think the more popular riding states (ie Florida and Cali) got them first because they have strong sales year round. The place I bought mine from was huge!

BTW, Honda has a promo 1.99% financing if your credit is good enough... I'm going to end up paying only $170 interest over three years! Make sure to apply for that when you are at your dealer.

#15 ·
yessir! the 1.99 was a huge win... and honda is stern, having what they call "super approved" status is a good feeling!

my dealer is getting 5 bikes from a WV dealer who hasnt taken deposits yet, they're scooping them up near MSRP since they have deposits well over MSRP right now

#25 ·
First off, I would be very surprised to actually SEE someone take a manual porsche 0-60 in the time they "claim" it can go... Plus most anyone pretentious enough to actually own a porsche probably doesn't actually race it, and a bike's clutch is WAY easier to operate. If you put a rich douche against a high torque 250cc bike like the CBR with a skilled rider, I wouldn't be surprised to see the bike to be the first one to hit 30-40 mph.

#27 ·
Did you order the ABS? I'm curious to know how well that extra $500 will hold up in resale value. I got the warranty and I'm wondering the same thing with that as well... I imagine if I ever want to sell, having a warranty would really increase resale.

#29 ·
I am in Illinois. My dealer says May 9th. I put money down. I will not buy a warranty. I will not get to have ABS.

I fully intend to sell it or trade it back for a 2012 version next year with ABS and the TRI-Color paint scheme which is supposed to be next year. (fingers crossed)

This way I get to ride the whole season both years and not have to wait for ABS this June. Next year I will go for a warranty.

If the paint scheme I want is not offered next year I will wait another year to sell or trade in.

It's not like this is really an expensive bike when looking at it from a new perspective, especially with 1.99% financing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.