Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the best aftermarket exhaust for my Black 2012 Honda CBR 250r ABS?? I keep hearing Yoshi, 2 bros, I mean seriously what is the best one for me to buy as far as quality looks and sound? I do not want to have to re-install the stock one because the one I buy is "annoying" as I have heard on this forum. Please help fellow riders!!! Also has anyone bought the hotbodies fender elimination kit?

·
Registered
999 Posts
The absolute best exhaust is the one you end up liking the most out of all the ones you looked at and listened to.

Other than that they're all about the same performance wise.

On Edit: After reading my post I see it is rather vague. Sorry about that but the truth is that I have no way of knowing what you like or what you perceive to be "too loud" or "annoying".

None the pipes available will net you more than 2hp by themselves. There's really only three good reasons to buy a pipe.

1. Weight savings
2. Sound
3. Looks

All the aftermarket pipes weigh a whole lot less than stock so you can't go wrong with any of them there. Looks & Sound however... are just too subjective to personal taste for me to make any suggestions.

·
Registered
91 Posts
From my reading on here there is no one that is the "best" for everyone it pretty much boils down to how much you want to pay, what you want it to look like and how loud you want it.

Personally I plan on goin with hindle because I really like the black pipe, the way they use the factory shield to hide the midpipe and it being on the low side of loudness. I've heard the two brothers in person and really liked it and could end up going that route.

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Registered
999 Posts
For what it's worth, I like the Akrapovic carbon fiber.

I don't have one but while is hard to get a really Accurate feel for a pipe on YouTube, it sounded the nicest to me. With the baffle in it didn't sound loud enough to piss off the neighbors and had a nice deep tone.
Without the baffle it seemed god awful loud.

Hindle would be my second choice.

The Leo Vince Evolution II would be my third choice.

The Two Brothers and Yoshi are too loud for my tastes.

There are more makes out there.
Do a 2011-2012 CBR250R exhaust search on YouTube and you'll find many vids of different pipes.

Happy Hunting :)

·
Registered
305 Posts
I like the look of the hot bodies FE kit. But now I need to buy an integrated tail light. The mount for signals sucks!!! My right signal is barely hanging on bc it's completely cracked. Cheap plastic mount. Ugh. :( Now looking at DMP tailight. Eliminate the bulky signals. And I need an exhaust too. Money pit.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Anyone found a video of the Hot bodies exhaust? None on youtube and the one from this forum is on private

·
Registered
221 Posts
I'm going to buy either the Ixil or Remus Okami. Admittedly I've had to rely on youtube for the sounds, but I've listened too and discounted M4, Yoshi, Leo Vince, Akrapovic, Arrow, Hindle and Jardine. The other one I really like the sound of was the FMF but it doesn't seem to be available where I am (Sydney). The Remus is both hot sounding (like a dirt bike) and classy looking. The Ixil is marginally cheaper although has to get shipped from further away and is a bit plainer looking. They both apparently offer the same weight reduction/power improvement (which is pretty slight; it's all about how it looks and sounds, really :).

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
Exhaust thread #789,563

Is it really necessary?

buy the one that gives you the biggest boner... or in 250 single cases.. the smallest.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I bought the Akrapovic carbon fibre too. As with Metalstorm I went to Youtube and listened to clips of various slip-ons. The one the convinced me was from Aufitt. For me it was a good choice. It dropped 14 lbs. (7 pounds=1 HP) and has a great sound with the baffle in. I listened to one, TBR, at a local dealer and thought it was too loud. I was surprised with the price of the Akrapovic, $500 USD for just the slip-on. When I opened the box I saw why it cost that much. The quality is excellent. I noticed an immediate difference in performance. After installing it I sprung for the header, $160 USD. Another beautiful piece that dropped more weight. Along with these parts I've since added a K&N air filter and a Bazzaz Z-FI box. The CBR is now a really great bike.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Agreed, its getting a bit old. But I will offer a solid piece of advice...do not go cheap with the DanMoto. Others may enjoy theirs, but I completely hate mine based on build quality and fitment.

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
Ive actually deleted my Akrapovic vid because it doesnt do it justice, when the GoPro arrives I'll have track vids to show what its really like.

Hindle would be another top shelf option, really like their quality too.

Just dont buy cheap noisy pipes.. thats why ppl hate 250's with loud pipes and gives us all a bad name.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Never had a Hindle that was too loud if you order the stealth baffle, the supersport baffle is too loud period. And this is from a picky guy that gets tired of noisy bikes fast.

·
Registered
386 Posts
7 pounds=1 HP
Not picking on you or anything but I have always called BS on that statement (and I could be wrong).

My thinking is: If 7 lbs = 1hp then our 22hp bike would produce a whopping 0 hp carrying a rider that weighs 154 lbs. That would put most of the US owned bikes deep into the negative horse power! lol

To the OP: I'm with Auffit on this one, buy the exhaust that sounds/looks/feels best to you. I personally went with the Leo Vince SBK, I like the way it looks and sounds but not everyone feels the same way.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I have a akra as well and I love it. I pops a bit while decelerating but so what! That sounds cool too :p

·
Premium Member
437 Posts
:p just went back to the full SS Yoshi system , I had let AKRAPOVIC put a full system on to test , it was louder,and I din't like the look as much as thr Yoshi. by the way I think te Akrapovice make less power .:eek:

·
Registered
999 Posts
Ive actually deleted my Akrapovic vid because it doesnt do it justice, when the GoPro arrives I'll have track vids to show what its really like.
I for one can't wait to check that out. Though if it's as good a job as your last videos it might push me over the edge into plunking down the $500 for the Akra.

This could be dangerous :)

·
Registered
125 Posts
I for one can't wait to check that out. Though if it's as good a job as your last videos it might push me over the edge into plunking down the $500 for the Akra.

This could be dangerous :)
Yep absolutely agree. I await your next video with eager anticpation Aufitt.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts