Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a play on my 2011 cbr250 non abs front brake rotor when I wiggle forward and back.this causes my front to have a clicking sound every time I brake.Is this kind of thing normal?do you guys have it too?

·
Registered
501 Posts
Brake rotors are soild mounted to the rim, the rotor shouldnt move when bolted to the rim. check for loose bolts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
the play is not coming from the bolts. it seems like its coming from the ring that is connecting from inner to the outer rotor which I doubt can be tightened.

·
Registered
501 Posts
mine is riveted securly to the ring that is bolted to the rim. No slop side ways or laterally. my bike has 1200 miles on it. I would recommend taking in to have it checked. Sounds like rotor loose on smaller ring and they are riveted.

·
Super Moderator
6,949 Posts
If it is defective, which it sounds like it is, yes warranty should cover that.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sure it does. You just haven't noticed it. Stand next to the bike, upright, in neutral, put the front brake on and rock the bike forward and back. You will feel a slight click from where the brake rotor is pinned onto the carrier.
Is this normal then or am I just freaking out too much?

·
Super Moderator
6,949 Posts
Sorry sendler, maybe your bike does this, but mine doesn't. Could be the click you're feeling is slop in the steering head bearings.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Sendler whats normal for your bike isnt the same for everyones apprently. Just checked mine per your instructions. Nice and quiet , and im not deaf yet.

Have it checked out. better to be safe than sorry, especially when it comes to brakes

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I just did a little research and it says that floating rotors,which our bikes have,has a little slack on them. i just dont know how much slack or which direction of the slack should be.clicking sound when braking is just annoying. I will give the dealer a call if this is normal or not just to make sure.

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
Sorry sendler, maybe your bike does this, but mine doesn't. Could be the click you're feeling is slop in the steering head bearings.
It is just the way the rotor fits onto the carrier. I noticed it when I when I was going over the bike before taking delivery of it and called the salesman's and service manager's attention to it as I thought the steering head needed a slight adjustment but then we noticed it was the rotor. The other bike on the floor did the same thing and mine hasn't changed in 9,000 miles.

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
Sendler whats normal for your bike isnt the same for everyones apprently. Just checked mine per your instructions. Nice and quiet , and im not deaf yet.

Have it checked out. better to be safe than sorry, especially when it comes to brakes
You don't hear anything. You feel it in the bars. And can see it if you lean over and look at the rotor assembly.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts