Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had my first experience with someone pulling out in front of me tonight while riding home from work. Woman was at a stop sign turning left onto the road I was traveling straight on, roughly 40 mph. She never even looked left before she pulled out. Even if I was in a car she wouldn't have seen me and would have pulled out. Luckily I had enough room to lay on the brakes and slow. She finally saw me once she was 3/4 of the way through the lane, shook her head at me and drove away. Sigh. Common sense people.

Drama free, but still scary. Glad to say this was the only time I've experienced something like this in the 1400 miles I've ridden to date.

·
Registered
501 Posts
1000 miles, up here in North idaho its about every 50 miles of riding. People in north Idaho pull out in front of you and most of the Washington drivers speed and tailgate. Yes sorry to you Washington riders, maybe you werent the ones speeding or tailgating while in Idaho.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
even with my photon blasters on the fender, headlight on high and super bright denali D2 LED drving lights hanging off the mirror stems..had an idiot do the same thing to me last weekend in town...he saw me when he had half my lane blocked and I was already in the middle of a panic stop with back tire skidding...jerkoff never even looked left before pulling out just like your idiot didnt...you can be decked out like a circus clown..but if they dont even look..they cant possibly see you

·
Registered
9 Posts
Being on a bike doesn't help, but keep in mind that people inattentively pull out in front of firetrucks running their lights and sirens on a regular basis.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
I was only about 2 miles from the dealer bringing my new CBR home last year when I got to test my new brakes for the first time. Guy blew through a red light and I grabbed as much brake as I could for the first time ever on the CBR. Not the best way to test new brakes, but the CBR stopped with such authority and lack of effort that I instantly realized how much better they were than the brakes on my Ninja250R.
I initially wanted ABS, but that sudden stop made me realize it wasn't strictly necessary. The bike stopped with such composure you'd think it had ABS.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts