Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, happy to say that tomorrow I will be picking up my first motorcycle. Brand new red/black CBR250 with 12 miles on it, all from me :)

I can't describe how excited/nervous/anxious I am. I took out a loan for the bike so this will be a commitment for the next few years. Sleeping will be hard tonight thats for sure!

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Welcome and check out the thread "Illinois/Wisconsin Riders?" We (and by "we" I mean "someone other than me") might be putting together a ride this summer.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That would be awesome, I see you are from the Chicago area, I actually am from Rockford Il, I'm sure you've heard of it. I am very excited for this bike, being on this forum adds to the excitment as well. I wil check the thread you mentioned!

·
Registered
226 Posts
Congratulations & welcome! I understand the "I'll be paying for it for a while" syndrome. ;-P But, the joy of riding is sweet! Enjoy!

·
Registered
879 Posts
Hello welcome to the forum. Congrates on your new CBR and yes that is exciting getting a new bike. Be safe and enjoy

·
Registered
611 Posts
Greetings chadwick 90,

Welcome to the Forum. Congratulations on the purchase of your New cbr. More smiles to the miles in your Future.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
oh man thats the last thing on my agenda lol, I know its "bound" to happen but I plan on beating the odds. I am picking it up in two hours, just set up my insurance policy with progressive, $78 down then $40 a month from now on for insurance.. ( would've been $29 a month if I got the discount for safe drivers) I don't know how one seat belt ticket denied me of that) but thats okay. I'm becoming more comfortable with the thought of my long-term loan on the bike also. At first I was almost scared of the commitment it will be.

Overall I can't wait. I just bought an awesome worn one-time helmet off Craigslist for 70 bucks originally 140. Its a sweet helmet. And my boss at work gave me a $300 dollar jacket for free:D so all i need now is gloves, AND THE BIKE lol.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
well today felt like a dream, I put about 45 miles on it today, loved it. just wish the weather was a little more hospitable. ( about 58F and really gusty winds) but I still loved it. Pretty much just been easy on it since it was my first day. I'm so excited to have it this early in the season so I can have the entire warm season to cruise. This thing turns heads thats for sure. I parked it in my living room and I've cracked a few beers to celebrate, just been staring at it and daydreaming about my future with it. :D

·
Registered
112 Posts
congrats on the new bike. just be careful with a second-hand helmet as you don't know its history even if it smells good and looks new. once a helmet is dropped from about 4 ft. it might have structural damage that you can not see.

·
Registered
226 Posts
So glad to hear you're enjoying your bike! I've had mine 2 weeks tomorrow and she'll have close to 300 miles on her by the time I get home. Can't believe it--and tomorrow's weather will be picture perfect for riding here in VA. Here's to safe, strong & happy riding!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts