Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
55 and sunny here in columbus ohio so i went ridin!! oh god how i missed being out on the road with my ceebee!!!!!:D back to the subject. when doing a walk around, i noticed my break light was functioning perfectly when depressing the front brakes but not so much as with the rear..i have to apply alot of pressure on the rear break to make the break light light up. this has not always been the case.. and that is disconserting for obvious reasons..any one have this prob or maybe some insight to whats going on?. thanks.. and god it was great to get back out on the bike!!:):D:D:D

·
Registered
576 Posts
adjust it by screwing the barrel switch in to make more sensitive.
if you get down and look at it you wil understand how it works,pretty simple:)

·
Registered
107 Posts
or check the manual I seem to recall this being specifically covered as I glanced through it last night (online version, AU I think but it should be in all of em).

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
I had adjusted my brake light switch once before but had to do it again a week or 2 ago when I lowered my brake pedal in the hopes to make it harder for me to lock up the rear tire,which I find is surprisingly easy to do in a stressful stop....the brake light switch is at the upper rear of the brake pedal.....just turn the ring on it either left or right to make the brake light come on sooner or harder to come on....I like mine to light up so easy that when i push the foot brake with one finger it comes on..that way when i'm riding I can get cagers off my rear a little by barely pressing with my foot but not hard enough to actually engage the rear brake.

·
Registered
576 Posts
I had adjusted my brake light switch once before but had to do it again a week or 2 ago when I lowered my brake pedal in the hopes to make it harder for me to lock up the rear tire,which I find is surprisingly easy to do in a stressful stop....the brake light switch is at the upper rear of the brake pedal.....just turn the ring on it either left or right to make the brake light come on sooner or harder to come on....I like mine to light up so easy that when i push the foot brake with one finger it comes on..that way when i'm riding I can get cagers off my rear a little by barely pressing with my foot but not hard enough to actually engage the rear brake.
i hate tailgaters:mad:

·
Registered
58 Posts
I have heard of people who have too sensitive of brake lites for the rear break and when they ride their foot just barely touching the brake pedal keeps the light on almost constantly... just something to think about...

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
I have heard of people who have too sensitive of brake lites for the rear break and when they ride their foot just barely touching the brake pedal keeps the light on almost constantly... just something to think about...
My foot is no where even near the brake pedal while i am riding..I have to pick up my foot and move it onto the rear brake...i just always have rode that way naturally..dont really see how anyone can comfortably ride with their foot touching/riding/resting on the rear brake..unless they have some humongous feet or ride with their foot in an un natural position...but if i did ride that way...I wouldn't want my brake light to come on till the pedal was depressed an inch at least... if not a tad bit more

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
Your foot should be on the pegs not the brake.

·
Registered
576 Posts
i took my shifter apart and moved the shaft connection forward two splines on the shaft for my taste.i also ride
not on the arch but alittle bit further up on the foot
for comfort.
i can slightly touch my rear brake to activate the light.
better to give a false brake light than a late one IMO.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts