Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I am looking to model a 250R engine for use in a Hybrid Motorcycle modeling project for a college course. I was hoping someone could help me out with some fuel consumption information.

I am looking for a BSFC map for the engine so that I can model the engine's fuel consumption over a wide range of operations. It seems like they are usually pretty hard to find.

I could definitely create a map if I had the following data:
Engine Speed: 1000rpm to max speed (in 500/1000rpm steps)
Engine Throttle position 0% TO 100% (in 5/10% steps)
Recorded data: Torque, and fuel Consumption for each point.

The easiest way to do this is if someone had access to a dyno that could measure this, but alternatively I could create a map using:

1. If someone has access to a fuel flow meter, they could measure the fuel flow while the engine is on the dyno. This could be tricky if the fuel rail has a fuel return line.

2. Run the engine at a steady-state conditions at specific RPM and torque output and measure everything as you burn through a set amount of fuel (maybe .5 lb). Place the fuel tank on a scale to measure the fuel weight as it burns. Since nothing is 100% steady state, I could take an average of your HP output to get a more accurate reading.

·
Registered
311 Posts
AFAIK this info does not exist for the 250R engine.
TANSTAAFL "There ain't no such thing as a free lunch"
Suggestion is to find a dyno in your area, pay for a couple hours,
and run a request on these boards for a member to donate his/her
250R to the dyno for some runs.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There are no dynos locally that can measure BSFC. I will pay for dyno time if someone would be willing to take their bike to one that could.

That is also a good idea Sendler, I'll see if I can't get in touch with someone from Honda.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts