Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Yeah, most of my spares are for stuff that will incapacitate bike. Then I'd miss races rest of weekend and lose out on my entry fees! Not to mention points towards season championship.
Do you race CBR250r's? Any suggestions for fork spring rate for hard street use - the roads are a bit bumpy where i live ? I'm 170lbs out the shower - thanks
If in doubt about fork spring rates is it better to go lower or higher? thanks

·
Registered
516 Posts
I bought CBR250R MC41 when they 1st came out and sold to friend in town (picked up Ninja 250 for racing). He still has it and is actually considering racing it and keeping his CB500F as street bike

I've been racing Ninja 250 past 6-years with AFM, ASMA and CVMA. Have CBR250RR MC22 for street use and in process of building CBR250R MC19 for track with remaining parts. I used RaceTech's calculator and purchased their springs. https://racetech.com/VehicleSearch

My 1st year, I weighed 205-lbs and used their guide for 1.0kg/mm springs. I'm now 170-lbs and use 0.85kg/mm springs. Their calculator suggest 0.80kg/mm springs for you. Better to get slightly softer than too stiff. Otherwise, you'll end up skipping across tops of bumps and going wide around corners. Too stiff also overwhelms dampers and causes bounciness and pogo'ing. You'll want to replace fork-oil with higher weight to match higher spring-rate. Also good idea to get the Gold Valve Emulators, really smooths out front-end as it gives more precise control over damping.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I bought CBR250R MC41 when they 1st came out and sold to friend in town (picked up Ninja 250 for racing). He still has it and is actually considering racing it and keeping his CB500F as street bike

I've been racing Ninja 250 past 6-years with AFM, ASMA and CVMA. Have CBR250RR MC22 for street use and in process of building CBR250R MC19 for track with remaining parts. I used RaceTech's calculator and purchased their springs. RT - Digital Product Search

My 1st year, I weighed 205-lbs and used their guide for 1.0kg/mm springs. I'm now 170-lbs and use 0.85kg/mm springs. Their calculator suggest 0.80kg/mm springs for you. Better to get slightly softer than too stiff. Otherwise, you'll end up skipping across tops of bumps and going wide around corners. Too stiff also overwhelms dampers and causes bounciness and pogo'ing. You'll want to replace fork-oil with higher weight to match higher spring-rate. Also good idea to get the Gold Valve Emulators, really smooths out front-end as it gives more precise control over damping.
Thank you so much - its really nice to get info from people who actually know what they are talking about

·
Registered
96 Posts

I've been racing Ninja 250 past 6-years with AFM, ASMA and CVMA. Have CBR250RR MC22 for street use and in process of building CBR250R MC19 for track with remaining parts. I used RaceTech's calculator and purchased their springs. https://racetech.com/VehicleSearch

You have suggested a very good website thank you so much dear

21 - 24 of 24 Posts