Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll start out by saying that I am obviously new to this forum, and also a new rider. I have the opportunity to put a deposit down on a new Honda CBR250, the problem is that it will not be ready for pickup until August 29th. I would also be able to sign up for the safety class a few weeks before that. My question is if it is worth it to do this all this year, or wait until " riding season" next year. I live in Raleigh NC, so the weather permits me to ride for a longer season than some (I grew up in upstate NY, where the summer lasts for 2-3 months, then 9 months of ice fishing). Any inputs or thoughts on how long you ride until would be great! Thanks!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Buy

I'm in London Ontario, and we get some nasty weather here. I usually ride until Nov-Dec, then back at it in March.

·
Registered
879 Posts
I would wait there seems to be a problem with many of the engines with a rattle at about 5000 5500 rpms. So far no one really knows what it is or if its harmful to the engine. The mode buttons are crap. My dealer is supposed to contact honda and get back to me. Others also have complained. I think honda needs to find a fix and issue a recall, but we will see where it goes from here

·
Registered
681 Posts
I personally haven't had any issues with mine but it's always a little risking buying the first version of anything.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Does honda have any plans of upgrading these problems with the 2012 model? Or are they fixing it before production of the 2012's?

·
Banned
104 Posts
As a new rider, resist the urge to spend $5000 on a new bike. Find an old CB200 for $1000 or so and learn to ride. You'll have a blast and you'll get most if not all of your investment back when you sell it.
By that time there will be a few CBRs on the used market and you will save yourself lots of money and the riding experience will allow you to get more enjoyment out of the CBR.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts