Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought it'd be a good idea to have an official thread for arrivals in Canada. What is your dealer saying?

Please post:
your dealer's estimated dated
dealer name/location
red/black
abs/none abs

And any newest bullcrap you hear from Honda Canada....

·
Registered
43 Posts
Put my down payment down on a Black with Abs on March 21 and was told mid April. During Barrie Honda open house i was told mid May. After a phone call to Honda Canada now the date is Mid to late May but the ABS might be a little later.
Now someone mentioned to me according to some law, we must be given the interest made on any down payments. So we better get some kind of discount or some sweet swag.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Dealer is Honda powerhouse in Bowmanville.
As of yesterday first shipment is this upcoming Friday and the following Monday.
I ordered red abs in late February.

Dealer called Honda Canada while I was there and they said all originally ordered should be delivered.:)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Interest made on $500 is probably under $2 with today's economy. I wouldn't mind some sort of make up deal from Honda, cause this is bullcrap. For example, first service free, or discount from that, they could easily reimburse the dealers. They had something like that in Australia but it was promotional, though everything was on time there! If you guys call Honda Canada, mention this, maybe they'll do something.

If you have some details about that "law", post it up :)

·
Registered
529 Posts
Your dealer's estimated dated
Dealer name/location
Red/black
ABS/no ABS

I ordered my black ABS on January 13th, 2011 (the first day it was available to order). The wait is going on four months now. I was told by my local Honda dealership that they were notified by Honda Canada that the bike should arrive some time in April 2011. I e-mailed my dealer in mid-April to see if they had any updated shipping details from Honda Canada and I was sent a curt e-mail with something like "They are due to arrive in the month of April. I'll let you know when they are on their way". I am now hearing in online forums (not from the dealership) that mid-May (May 16th?) is the key date. However, my dealer is not of the Honda Powerhouse variety, and I've ordered an ABS equipped bike. Collectively, those factors don't bode well for me getting my bike in a timely manner. This might mean I may never actually get my bike. Maybe I'll just donate my $1000 deposit to the tsunami relief in Japan. It might help me improve my mood and disappointing experience with Honda.

Mike

·
Registered
100 Posts
I put down my $500 deposit fen 26 at a small dealer in southern Ontario . So far it has been me giving them updates rather than the other way around which leaves me feeling like I've been working harder than they have to keep me inform Ed. All they have done for me is 'confirm' what I have told them from my ohone calls to Honda Canada. . Not impressed with either HC or the dealer and if I do not get a call this week from the dealer as I have asked for, and as HC suggest I ask ( as all dealers are supposed to get an email from HC prior to delivery advising them of what's on it's way). Then I will be puzzling my deepsit and asking for some compensation for having sat on my $500 for almost 3 months. It may all work out at the end of this week, but I,m not holding my breath and at this point am assuming I'll be going 'gree' in another week, cashing in on kawi promotions if I do not get the Honda very soon.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I put down my $500 deposit fen 26 at a small dealer in southern Ontario . So far it has been me giving them updates rather than the other way around which leaves me feeling like I've been working harder than they have to keep me inform Ed. All they have done for me is 'confirm' what I have told them from my ohone calls to Honda Canada. . Not impressed with either HC or the dealer and if I do not get a call this week from the dealer as I have asked for, and as HC suggest I ask ( as all dealers are supposed to get an email from HC prior to delivery advising them of what's on it's way). Then I will be puzzling my deepsit and asking for some compensation for having sat on my $500 for almost 3 months. It may all work out at the end of this week, but I,m not holding my breath and at this point am assuming I'll be going 'gree' in another week, cashing in on kawi promotions if I do not get the Honda very soon.
Powerhouse dealer?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Dealer is also in Bowmanville. Deposit was in mid march. Thursday I was sent an email stating may 18-20. I prefer the other date they gave of 13-16th. From reading above this Friday or Monday. I really hope so guess different dates from the same dealer to two different clients is really bad.

As for a deal or something. I highly doubt anything will come of it with such demand they would probably just give me my money back and sell for more to the next customer thru the door.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
18-20th sucks, that means most likely missing weekend of Victoria day riding,

i'm still wondering about that post from calgary250 where he said the bikes have already arrived in calgary :) not true when i called that dealer

·
Registered
12 Posts
Has anybody heard anything new? Apparently dealers should know whats in the shipment at least a day before they get it. So within the next three days Canadians should start hearing some good news!

Also has anybody already got insurance? Im going with primmum but they are all using the ninja 250 for quotes saying the cbr250r is not in the database yet? This means I will have to wait two days from the point I get them my bikes serial number before I can get insurance....

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hi all - called Honda Canada again this morning and they are still saying that they will begin shipping out bikes to dealers on monday may 16, and this will include ABS models :). They did say that dealer orders will not be entirely filled on this first shipment and they are not saying when the balance of orders will be filled.:( I asked again about dealer notification and they said that some dealers may already know what's coming their way, and they suggested i call my dealer to find out. Sent an e-mail to my dealer an am waiting on a reply. Still hoping for a red ABS to be in my driveway next week, but will see...:confused:

·
Registered
529 Posts
Hi all - called Honda Canada again this morning and they are still saying that they will begin shipping out bikes to dealers on monday may 16, and this will include ABS models :). They did say that dealer orders will not be entirely filled on this first shipment and they are not saying when the balance of orders will be filled.:( I asked again about dealer notification and they said that some dealers may already know what's coming their way, and they suggested i call my dealer to find out. Sent an e-mail to my dealer an am waiting on a reply. Still hoping for a red ABS to be in my driveway next week, but will see...:confused:
I e-mailed my local dealer today and the salesperson I am dealing with e-mailed me back stating that Honda Canada informed them today that the bikes being shipped out to the dealers this week are the non-ABS equipped models and that my bike (ABS) is supposed to arrive some time at the end of the month (but Honda Canada could not specify a date).

Mike

·
Registered
12 Posts
Dealer is also in Bowmanville. Deposit was in mid march. Thursday I was sent an email stating may 18-20. I prefer the other date they gave of 13-16th. From reading above this Friday or Monday. I really hope so guess different dates from the same dealer to two different clients is really bad.
I'm going by what Gary at bowmanville powerhouse told me on Saturday when I was ordering a starter silinoid for a c70. He said they are calling honda canada everyday and the date they had for first shipment was this upcoming friday or the following monday.

Looks like you'll get yours first since I put deposit down on March 30. He told me I will be in the first shipment but seeing as he said moments before he didn't know what he was getting something's just doesn't add up!

·
Registered
115 Posts
Canader - I'm really hoping this Friday arrival. Give Gary and boys a chance to go through them and then if lucky we can pick up on Monday.

I really don't think the deposit date will come in to play here. It will all depend on what versions show up and what you ordered. I went with Red non ABS.

The part about things not adding up is what frustrates me. Gary gave me the date of 13-16 but the new finance guy gave me the 18-20. They old finance guy gave me the first week of April.

Either way we will get them soon! As you already know the weather is so bloody nice right now. I really want to ride soon. Must have for May 24 weekend! :)

·
Registered
216 Posts

that's funny start shipping may 16th and actually getting a product... Common Honda! Step up your game!

·
Registered
100 Posts
good news

Received an e-mail from my dealer today indicating that they are supposed to have my bike in their dealership by noon this friday. for the record, this is a red ABS, ordered late feb. Hope it gets there on time!! it's supposed to rain all weekend so that's ok as i it will not be ready to go until monday. will post pics once i lay eyes on it!

·
Registered
12 Posts
just got back from dealer in bowmanville! they have 10 bikes just got in. 2 abs one was black the other red. Hopeing that red abs is mine! the rest of the bikes split between red and black no-abs

·
Registered
43 Posts
I called my dealer Tuesday and the only answer i got was " they are coming in some time around the 16th" He didn't say what he is getting. BETTER have my black abs.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts