Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Just got my first bike. Super excited!

Ive ridden dirtbikes a bunch in the past and all I can say is nothing couldve prepared me for the adrenaline felt pulling a new bike out of the dealership. Stopped at a left turn yield lane waiting for the light I could feel my heart beating at full throttle. Aha. Literally the biggest grin under that helmet.

Anyways Im in SoCal. Santa Barbara to be exact. If there are any riders from around here let me know! At least one of the biggest reasons I traded in my car is that there is very little community. But the minute you have a bike there are all these people with a mutual interest and, at least the people Ive recently met, are super nice and excited even if I have a baby 250r.

Well this is my introduction to a forum I looked at well before I even knew I was really going to buy a bike. Im glad I can justify being a member now! :D

·
Registered
350 Posts
Nice looking bike! Congrats.

(You obviously have great taste, and a discerning eye for picking out the right bike... ;) ).

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! Is that your bike in the icon? Black was going to be my choice until I saw the tricolor. I made my decision to buy the bike so quickly I didnt really have a exact choice with color but Im very happy with what I got. Haha I sold my car and bought a bike all within about 3 days!

·
Registered
62 Posts
^ Same with me. Decided I wanted color, plus I would have had to wait another month (probably longer) for a black 250 to come in. I couldn't' be happier with the Tricolor.

Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Croaker! I like to call it the captain america edition XD I cant wait to get my bike all broken in. Hoping to throw a few tasteful mods on afterwards. And then ride it like I stole it. One step closer to trying to learn some twisties! Yeee canyon carving (probably cant call what Im going to be doing canyon carving but who cares!).

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Thanks Croaker! I like to call it the captain america edition XD I cant wait to get my bike all broken in. Hoping to throw a few tasteful mods on afterwards. And then ride it like I stole it. One step closer to trying to learn some twisties! Yeee canyon carving (probably cant call what Im going to be doing canyon carving but who cares!).
I'm looking at buying a Yoshi slip on today. Appears to be much better than stock and relatively simple to install.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah I mean, personally, I think yoshi is the only way to go with exhaust. I bet saying that will start a few hate messages but just my taste. I love the carbon TRC. Carbon tank pad, carbon gas cap cover, carbon exhaust and maybe one more carbon-y thing. I want to go full exhaust and then a power commander and a dyno. Im trying to figure out if yoshi here in cali will take my bike on loan for r&d in exchange for some parts. I bet the slip on is very easy to install though.

·
1,305 Posts
welcome....

hey having the bike will really cut down on the Santa Barbabra freeway traffic delay.. lol

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
hey having the bike will really cut down on the Santa Barbabra freeway traffic delay.. lol
Haha yeah definitely! I mean I really dont wanna make a habit of cutting in between people on the freeway during gridlock cuz even as a driver Im scared for the bikers who do that. But I know I will. Its wayy too tempting. And if I said I wouldnt be Id be lying to myself...

·
Registered
30 Posts
Nice bike, got 500 miles on mine now, it's about 10 days old, washed it today for the first time...............

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I definitely need to throw more miles on mine. I need to find some nice semi long rides... bought it tuesday and I only have about 20. This weekend that should change! I just finish finals today so hopefully Ill have a lot less of a hectic schedule. Tricolor crew FTW!

·
Registered
389 Posts
Hey welcome, I'm thinking of doing a So*Cal ride in April, i got a couple Ninja 250s guys who want to ride too. Just hit 10k on my bike....

·
1,305 Posts
yeah you say you don't want to split lanes....
but you will... its just too tempting.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Greetings Maxidax,

Welcome to the Forum. Congratulations on your New Tri-Color cbr.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks everyone! Im excited to finally be part of the moto community. Been my dream for awhile. And yeah lane splitting among everything else dangerous on a bike is so tempting but Im trying to be as safe a rider I can be for the first few months. And about the group ride. When are you thinking in April? I hope I can get my bike past the first service by then. If its early April I may not get there...

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
^ aha thats exactly what Im going for! Not really but itd be a head turner for better or for worse. I do want to get my rims powder coated either white or black too. I donno which would be better. Either match the black plastic or the white fairings... any ideas?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey Maxidax,

Congrats!! I just got my Black CBR250 this morning. If you're ever in SoCal (San Fernando valley) let me know. We'll take our CBR's for a spin in Malibu!!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts