Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let me start off with saying....OH MY GOD!!!

My face had looked like this for the last hour :D

I took off and installed the two brothers racing Black carbon fiber exhaust, took me 25 min from start to finish.

When I turned it on for the first time....I screamed, MY BIKE SOUNDS LIKE A ACTUAL SPORTS BIKE NOW!

In all seriousness, if your can imagine vintage muscle cars with a normal exhaust, and then put Flowmasters on em, That is the sound difference I am talking about....Deep! Throaty! just pure bliss....

I had some doubts about it when I purchased it, and seriously it was the best money I have spent on the bike HANDS DOWN. It sounds even better than that video on Youtube with the Dyno, cant tell you why, but it does!

Pictures to come tommorrow, along with sound and video!!!
Time to ride!

·
Registered
400 Posts
maybe because cameras cant pic up the sound waves like our actual ears,plus everyones computer sounds are different lol..same thing goes with bass,u can record the same exhaust with different cameras and they should sound different then one another.

cheap cameras make cheap car systems like sony xplode sound like their pounding on youtube.

what i was wondering is how is the performance difference,stop n go,low end torque and top end speed on the highway?

did it take away from low end torque or add?did ur top end speed decrease or increase?

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
what i was wondering is how is the performance difference,stop n go,low end torque and top end speed on the highway?

did it take away from low end torque or add?did ur top end speed decrease or increase?
The low end torque is a noticeable difference in the + range. The top end speed I will not know, because I am still in my break in period and I am not going on the highway, plus in Hawaii the top speed limit is 55, so I will never be able to get to 98 till I get back to mainland.

Lastly, the wieght difference is huge....the stock exhaust was like a BRICK. The two brothers exhaust was like a small book in comparison.

First round of pics up tonight, but I will put up better ones come tommorrow, with video for sound.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Very nice, I think they should have mounted it closer in to the bike.

eg made the connecting pipe shorter.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Macca! I will take better pics in the sunlight in few days. This was at night with flash. Also I will add a video for sound. The bike is really coming along now, you should have seen the heads turning tonight on the strip! :D

·
Registered
149 Posts
Grats, looks slick. I do agree that the connecting pipe could stand to be a tad shorter. I would love to change the muffler on my bike but I don't like the prices of the aftermarket parts at this point.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Grats, looks slick. I do agree that the connecting pipe could stand to be a tad shorter. I would love to change the muffler on my bike but I don't like the prices of the aftermarket parts at this point.
cosign

i hate the current pipe but dont want to spend the coin for a new one, surely in time i'll switch it out

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sean,

What color was the power tip (sound suppressor) that came with it? And did you install it or no? Thanks!
Actually, my box did not have the supplied Powertip in it, I am calling two brothers today to discuss it, I will also ask them what color it will be hopefulyl red or black :)

Yes, I plan to install it.

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
Agree with connecting pipe shorter but congrats!!!...sick man! Jealous lol

·
Registered
44 Posts
Yeah that black series does look good on a black bike. Grats bro. I opted for the polished one. My aunt told me she thought a helicopter landed in her yard when i was idling in her driveway lol. But you can definitely feel more power low and mid range.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yeah that black series does look good on a black bike. Grats bro. I opted for the polished one. My aunt told me she thought a helicopter landed in her yard when i was idling in her driveway lol. But you can definitely feel more power low and mid range.

The polished does look much better, on the red cbr

·
Registered
7 Posts
I was still trying to decide red vs. black for my bike but pv's pic made my mind up. Shoot, by the time my dealer gets them in I am sure there will be a thousand other color combos.

I do like the carbon pipe on the black...I think the stainless might have not matched the "flow" of the bike.

-GT

·
Registered
33 Posts
Looks great. I am waiting on mine to arrive. I am hoping it gets here Friday so I can install this weekend. I got the Black Series Aluminum for $367.99. Thought it was a decent price.

Do you think that you can shave an inch or two off the connecting pipe and still use the parts they include to hang it?

1 - 20 of 55 Posts