Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
I liked "mrmunsell" bike so much I had to replace my old sad looking windscreen.

I installed a new OEM CBR250R windscreen a couple of weeks ago. Had to do a little trimming to make it fit.

First put some blue painters tape or something similar along the where you will cut shield.

The top of the screen is flat, so I made a mark at top center, then I made a mark 3" on each side of the center.

Next I measured up 4 5/8" from highest point of upper cowl and made a mark on each side. Now I used a big oil drain pan with a 18" radius to connect the side marks to the top marks.

I used a sabre saw w/fine tooth blade to cut the radius, be sure to have tape on shield or under saw. after cutting radius's you will need to cut the thick bead left on the top 6" edge.

Next I used a rasp, then a file and lastly dragged the edge of a utility knife along the edge to smooth it out.
Put a towel or something over dash to keep saw dust out of everything.

http://postimage.org/

Your results may vary depending on how bars are adjusted

I installed CB300F mirrors a couple of months ago, now I can see that car that likes to stop 6" from my rear tire while I'm stopped at a red light.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Looks good, gyrotumbler. That windscreen trimming process you described is pretty similar to how I went about it as well... I used a Dremel with a cutoff wheel for the cutting and progressively finer grits of sandpaper to clean up the cut.

I like those mirrors. So those are the OEM CB300F mirrors? How well do they handle vibration? I went with some universal mirrors. They get pretty blurry with moderate to hard acceleration. Other than that, they have worked out fine. Yours look much better as well... I am considering giving them a try...

·
Registered
86 Posts
Thanks.

The mirrors are rock steady just like original 250 mirrors, and you can see the car right behind you.

Unfortunately they were about $150 with all the adapters.

I just looked them up and they are $35 each now

the mirrors were sixty some dollars each when I got mine. Babbitts has the adapters $5.32 each, I paid $10 each.

If you are interested in getting some I would check partzilla and other parts houses too.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Great, thanks. I just ordered the CB300F mirrors and adapters.

I found similar prices at the online dealers I usually order from. I had checked into this option back when I bought the universal mirrors and I recall the prices being much higher (which is why I tried out the universal ones instead). Maybe Honda dropped the list price since then or something...

·
Registered
44 Posts
I finally have the CB300F mirrors installed (one had to be backordered, etc). They are a major improvement over the aftermarket ones I was previously using. As gyrotumbler said, they are very steady, even at full throttle in the upper revs. And they offer great visibility as well. Definitely worth the extra $ in my opinion. Thanks!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I too installed the CB300F handlebars and went for a ride. I didn't bend the bars and didn't drop the forks so my driving position is not completely upright. Still I do enjoy my new position.
I don't think I will bend the bars, but I am considering lowering the forks. For those who did, do you see a difference?
I will replace the mirrors to get a better view of the cars on my back and will probably trim the windshield. Mrmunsell what did you use to hide the previous mirrors fixation holes?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks mrmunsell. Really great looking bike. I'll probably order the CB300F mirrors as well and the block off plates. I'll wait to install them before trimming my windshield. Looking at the pictures, I guess you've dropped your forks an inch or so. Like it?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Greetings from Indonesia,

Nice to know you all and thank you very much for all of your great input.

Finally my bike (CBR250R ABS 2013) was done after working for a day :
https://s32.postimg.org/ykk0wx0mt/20160723_154832.jpg
https://s32.postimg.org/toeu2zjrp/20160723_154841.jpg

What changed and plug n play :
1. CB300F top clamp
2. CB300F handle bar (only hole is differ)
3. CB300F handle bar clamp
4. CB300F throttle A & B
5. CB300F clutch cable

Problem found :
1. original Ignition bolt was become round from honda.. so i go to the lathe workshop to do it. i don't know why, might be for security precaution from thief.. it's "Indonesia" by the way :p.
2. CB300F handle bar has different hole like said before from seniors in this forum :D
3. YES! the windscreen! need to take it out.. would be another project to remove full fairing & change it to this gorgeous lamp : Honda Grom MSX125 TDM Projector Headlight Unit Head Light with Blue Ring MSX 125 | eBay. Bought it from https://bikerzbits.co.th/ cheaper..
4. engine light problem. 5 long 4 short while off and on idle (said it was bank angle sensor fault). on the run engine light always on. I don't touch any sensor by the way. only change the cables. this is the video i've uploaded : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHYq70YkAW4. Quite annoys me but it's okay for major feel changes :)) will fix it later.

What excites me :
1. Best handling ever from my bike :))
2. Lesser engine vibration on higher revs
3. this is the best part : i don't have to change the front brake hose!

Sorry for the repetition of the detailed modification explanation. But i really want to share the excitement to all of you :))

·
Registered
21 Posts
Wow! Just the thread I needed!
You guys probably just saved me thousands of dollars with not needing to buy a new sport adventure bike.
I love my 250 but I really wanted more comfort and a more upright position.
So:
A CB300F Top clamp
A bar riser
A CB300F handlebar
Buell lower foot pegs
All the bells and whistes...
It will be my winter project on my 2014 CBR250R

Cheers from Montreal!
Sylvain.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi Sylvain, I was also very excited when I found this tread and I have proceeded to the mods including trimming the windshield and lowering the front fork. Driving position is really improved in my opinion and the bikes handles perfectly. I am now moving to a CB500X because I wanted a bigger bike, and my bike is now for sale, but if you have questions or want to take a look at the result (If you haven't done the work already) you can contact me. I live in Otterburn Park.

Attachments

41 - 53 of 53 Posts