Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've wanted to out this on my bike the second i get it, but has anyone ever used one before?

How hard is this to install? and how reliable is it? Or what other huge companies make the Digital gear Indicator as well.

Heres a picture of what it looks like, its sits pretty clean and flush with the rest of the Dash panel.

Engear Digital Gear Indicator with Shift light

Also this one cost 120 before shipping and tax.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Is the Engear Gear Indicator and Shift light compatible with the CBR250RA? The Starlane sales rep I emailed said that they don`t know if it is because they don`t have the specifications on the CBR250RA yet.

Anybody know for sure?

·
Registered
681 Posts
Is the Engear Gear Indicator and Shift light compatible with the CBR250RA? The Starlane sales rep I emailed said that they don`t know if it is because they don`t have the specifications on the CBR250RA yet.

Anybody know for sure?
Yep... check it out. This guy has one mounted on the right.

·
Registered
400 Posts
dang 120$ before shipping,its cheaper to just know what gear your in lmao..plus its more of an investment to buy full gear if u havent already.idk where u can buy a new human body part and a doctor to put it on in USA =)...

·
Registered
63 Posts
I just ordered the Engear Gear Indicator w/Shift Light and it should be here by weeks end and installed shortly thereafter. I will post some pics and provide details after I take it through test. I had to wait a while due to them being backordered.

·
Registered
681 Posts
I just ordered the Engear Gear Indicator w/Shift Light and it should be here by weeks end and installed shortly thereafter. I will post some pics and provide details after I take it through test. I had to wait a while due to them being backordered.
I really want to install one of these. I look forward to hearing how it goes for you.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Actually, I think this one would look great - flush mounted in black.

PGR-1000 Series
The PGR-1000 series programmable gear indicators can be used on any bike with an electronic speed signal (speedometer) and a 12 volt electrical system!
Does the CBR250R have meet these requirements? My CBR250R is on its way to the dealership and should arrive hopefully tomorrow... I'm a noob rider and think this kind of feature would be very helpful. I'm just not sure based on the limited specs listed on the official Honda website whether the PGR-1000 supports the CBR250R.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Does the CBR250R have meet these requirements? My CBR250R is on its way to the dealership and should arrive hopefully tomorrow... I'm a noob rider and think this kind of feature would be very helpful. I'm just not sure based on the limited specs listed on the official Honda website whether the PGR-1000 supports the CBR250R.
It has a digital speedometer and 12v battery. I doubt there are any new bikes that don't have an electronic speedo or 12V system.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I really like the idea of this and being able to see which gear your in. Especially since I'm a new rider.

That said, there's also something to be said about 'feeling' your bike and knowing it to the point where you instinctively can gage what gear your in by the way it's handling at a certain rpm.
I'd like to think that the readout gear light will help you learn and get to know your bike faster. Good idea overall man

·
Registered
27 Posts
I also was looking into purchasing this gear indicator but I wanted one that would display the selected gear even if the clutch was engaged. For some reason I think that the sales rep. said that if the clutch was engaged the a dash would appear on the reader because Honda's (as well as some other bike companies) don't have a specific part required for this. That said I emailed a couple of different companies about getting a gear indicator that would display the selected gear all the time and I could be getting my stories crossed.

Most of the companies couldn't directly tell me if their products were compatible with the CBR250R (or RA) because they didn't have the electrical specifications of the bike yet.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts