Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please help me adjust my handlebars/steer. I am 6/mo rider and learning how to DIY to save money. Yesterday I was riding in the rain. While making a small right-turn onto the curve in front of my garage, the front tire just slid off towards the left and I crashed onto the ground. No heavy impact just some small scratches. I checked to make sure nothing was broken. However, when I start riding later on, I notice my handlebars misaligned. I keep my front straight and can see that the handlebars are pointing about 1/2-1 inch towards the right. I even tried let go of the handlebars to for test and the bike did not, on its own, lean to the right. I think its just the handlebars were misaligned when I fell.
I read and watch a few vids to try re-align my steering but still getting confuse. Please help me with a step-by-step process, cause I don't want to unscrew the wrong screw and ended up with a bu-bu bike. Highly appreciate all the help and comments. BTW, I am not injured, except for small abrasions and aches.

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
Turn the handlebars fully to the left or right to access the bolt on the riser clamp,
Using a (good quality) 6mm Allen head Tee handle (or inHex socket) and loosen the bolt,
Move the offending Handlebar to desired position forward or backwards to match the other side.
You will notice a tab underneath on the outside of the top triple clamp that limits the movement,
check the other side and you'll see where it is.
You may wish to fine tune both sides to your preference (Mine were too far back for my liking)
Tighten bolt.

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
You may also have twisted the forks/triple clamps in the crash, this bike has skinny forks and weak triple clamps and likely to twist easy.
So view from the top as if you are looking directly down the fork legs and check they are both aligned before you adjust the handlebars.
I can tell you how to do this, but best to consult your dealer if unfamiliar with motorcycle maintenance for safety reasons.
And its best to do it with a head lift stand.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thank u. i adjusted the handlebars as shown. please show me how ro check if my forks are missligned. i looked at it from straight down but cannot notice any curves or bent either inward or outward. thanks again

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
I always just checked if it tracked straight. Happened once to me. Just loosed everything up and straightened it, then tightened it back up.

(Not on CBR)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts