Stompgrip tank grips
Honda Genuine Carbon Fiber Tank Pad
Honda Rear Seat Cowl CBR 300R
Yoshimura Rearset Brackets
PSR SBK Footpegs
Bullet Clip-Ons
Hel Performance front brake line
Galfer front brake pads HH Sintered Ceramic Compound
Pirelli Supercorsa SC1 (front 110/70) and SC2 (rear 140/70)
Ohlins FSK100 Cartridge Kit
Ohlins STX 36 Hypersport Rear Shock
K&N Air Filter
K&N Oil Filter

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Impressive stuff I must admit!

How's the performance after all the mods? Are you doing better than the stock ones now?
I use this bike almost exclusively in track days. To this purpose the increament was big!!! With full exhaust, dynojet and air filter I had a gain in power of 18%, and torque 25%, 26,71cv and 2.44Kgf.m respectively, 13 tooth front sprocket increased aceleration too.
Rearsets at track are very important, they increased ground clearance and lean angles, with supercorsa tyres it´s very easy to hit the ground with stock rearsets, Yoshimura rearsets moves pegs 45mm back and 45mm up, it´s more than the most expensive rearsets available in the market, together with bullet clip-ons, they also enable more aggressive body positioning. Hel brake lines was very important too, with them my brake never fade. About the suspension, I just installed them, I´ll test on the next track day. Some mods are just to have a better appearance, like rear seat cowl.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice work. I like it. Did you do all the work yourself? How long did it take you to do?
I bought this bike in 2016 and started to add mods, last month I completed all mods that i like. Everything was done by a mechanic.

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
I use this bike almost exclusively in track days. To this purpose the increament was big!!! With full exhaust, dynojet and air filter I had a gain in power of 18%, and torque 25%, 26,71cv and 2.44Kgf.m respectively, 13 tooth front sprocket increased aceleration too.
Some decent improvements there!

I'd ditch the mirrors, fender, plate, and signals - and call it a track bike.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Definitely you have the bike I'd like to have if I had money! Looks amazing and I suppose that the difference between yours and the stock one must be enormous. Enjoy it! Nice work ;)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Nice bike Pullin. Do you have the details of the foot pegs (product code?). I would like to get a set of those.

Also seat cowl you have is much nicer than mine. I got the CBR250R Honda carbon version. Am kicking myself now as yours looks much better.

Only thing I would suggest to you though is changing the undercowl. I think the OEM undercowl of the CBR250R is pretty nasty looking. Would recommend the Magical Racing version - good fit, nice looking and good finish.

·
Registered
30 Posts
First, I need to buy a motorcycle trailer :smile2:
You should consider something like the Ace single motorcycle trailer. It folds for storage so it doesn't take up too much room, and it comes with wheeled stands on each side so you can move it around and keep the wheels off the ground. It is plenty light enough to tow with a car, but you will want at least two people if you are going to pick it up and throw it in the back of the SUV. A quick check online shows they are about $900. The ace trailer my dad bought came with some decent looking 12" alloy wheels, and bias ply Kenda K353 5.3-12 tires. The tires are only speed rated for 65 mph, but held up just fine at 70-75 for long periods of time, they barely even got warm! The bearings are easy to service, there is just a cap on the end of the axle that you pry off to let the old grease come out when you put new grease in. The hubs also only got warm even with extended highway use. Our Ace trailer got used twice so far for hauling grey import bikes from Canada to Georgia.

As far as complaints with the trailer:

The inner axle seals on our trailer are iffy, and let grease sling out at high speeds and get the wheels dirty.
There are sharp edges on the trailer tubes which may damage the wiring.
It was probably our fault, but the bracket holding one of the fenders on cracked(I think from strapping it down). I would have expected it to at least bend first, but it just cracked.

When we were getting the first grey import bike, my CBR 250R, my dad decided against buying a trailer, so we rented a Ufail motorcycle trailer which had a big barn door on the back. On the way up to Canadia we got 18 MPG, in a crossover rated for 32 highway. :surprise: MPG improved slightly to 19 with the addition of a motorcycle on the back. To compare, with the Ace riding INSIDE the crossover we got 28 mpg on the way up(going fast), and 29 mpg on the way down with it deployed and loaded with a bike. The fuel savings alone was a pretty good incentive to get the trailer, but not having to stop every 200 miles or so to add gas to a 15 gallon tank at 18 MPG was pretty convenient as well.

Attachments

1 - 17 of 17 Posts