Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
watching motorcycle tv on TSN last night and the Honda cbr250r has been voted bike of the year. It is also considered to be more of a mid-range sport bike than a 250/starter bike due to its excellent design and performance level. Thought i'd share this exciting news to ya'll. :D

Isn't it great to know that we have invested in a bike that is taking the motorcycle world? And we're the first ones on board for this awesome journey. Congrats to all of you!!! :D

·
Registered
636 Posts
cool little nugget of knowledge...I think im gonna go pin a 4-H blue ribbon on mine right now!! Hee..Hee..Seriously, I love the bike..

·
Registered
131 Posts
finally the CBR250R is getting noticed. I knew it would get some sort of status like that. But what did it have to beat in order to become the best bike of the year?

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Size doesn't matter. It's how you use it that counts.

watching motorcycle tv on TSN last night and the Honda cbr250r has been voted bike of the year. It is also considered to be more of a mid-range sport bike than a 250/starter bike due to its excellent design and performance level. Thought i'd share this exciting news to ya'll. :D

Isn't it great to know that we have invested in a bike that is taking the motorcycle world? And we're the first ones on board for this awesome journey. Congrats to all of you!!! :D
I don't get this starter / learner bike thing. Sure, not a good idea to jump on a litre bike to learn (but I am sure people have done it). However there are plenty of very experienced riders who have been there, done that.... and have had it with big bikes. They are happy to settle for a quarter litre that fulfills their needs.

·
Registered
81 Posts
However there are plenty of very experienced riders who have been there, done that.... and have had it with big bikes. They are happy to settle for a quarter litre that fulfills their needs.
+1, a few minutes ago I was just skimming a 10 page thread of riders aged "over 40" in a Ninja 250r Forum that supports exactly your point. Lots of 40, 50, 60, and at least one 79 year old with 250's. I got the sense that these older riders recognized a while back that after their run with the larger displacement bikes they came back around to the smaller bikes simply for the joy of riding.

Am I the oldest guy that has a 250r? Everyone over 40 please post - Page 8 : KawiForums.com Kawasaki Forums: Kawasaki motorcycle forums

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I don't get this starter / learner bike thing. Sure, not a good idea to jump on a litre bike to learn (but I am sure people have done it). However there are plenty of very experienced riders who have been there, done that.... and have had it with big bikes. They are happy to settle for a quarter litre that fulfills their needs.

I agree, which what is a plus for this bike. Honda rep explained initially they targeted the 125 riders graduating to the 250 but they are fast noticing that many riders from bigger bikes are enjoying what the 250 has to offer. The cbr in particular appears to fall into what they called "the mid-range" sportbike as in their opinion the cbr performed much better than anticipated. Bike was also test rode both on street and race track by professional racers who also commented they were impressed with the stock tires.

I did not see the whole show, only last 15 min in which I enjoyed hearing the review re: excellent handling, cornering, torque, looks etc. One quote was the bike "was intuitive" regarding the handling. Wish I could answer how the Bike of the Year award was given to the cbr, what criteria was involved, but was elated to hear it though.

What I am learning from this forum is...all calaber, experience level, previous bikes owned etc of riders are in love with this bike and are having their riding needs met. It is a good looking bike, handles amazingly, economic, and puts smiles on our faces. I personally giggle inside my helmet:D

·
Registered
681 Posts
Awesome news and well deserved. Every day I get more and more confidence that I picked the right bike... even if the waiting isn't much fun. :)

·
Registered
35 Posts
I'm stoked to hear this too - and agree this bike is not just for learners. I am enjoying this 250 way more than my last bike (650 twin). It really is so much FUN! I'm definitely one proud owner. *thumbs up*

·
Registered
636 Posts
I couldnt agree more with these entrys..whats the sense in getting bigger displacement bike as a new rider that can go as fast as an indy car, 0-60 in 2.5 seconds? You cannot enjoy riding your moto if you are dead, or in traction.

·
Registered
529 Posts
I couldnt agree more with these entrys..whats the sense in getting bigger displacement bike as a new rider that can go as fast as an indy car, 0-60 in 2.5 seconds? You cannot enjoy riding your moto if you are dead, or in traction.
Similarly, I sometimes ride with others who have large displacement bikes. We ride out in the country - to enjoy the fresh air, the scenery, the sights, sounds, smells, the raw feel of being out in the open, on an empty twisty road - experiencing the elements. For many - that is the true essence of riding. Yet - you don't need a large cruiser or supersport to enjoy this type of riding. Most of our riding is between 35-50 mph in this environment. Riding slow allows you to take in and enjoy the scene unfolding around you more easily. A CBR250R will do this speed just as well as any other bike. And it will do it while achieving better fuel economy, a low purchase cost, affordable insurance, easy maintenance, and with exceptional handling to boot. I have no problem with people who want to ride large motorcycles. If that's what floats their boat - great. Freedom is about being able to choose. However, if you think about it - a good case can be made for the CBR250R's versatility under many different types of riding situations - including the one described above. No - it isn't just an excellent starter bike. It is an excellent all-round bike! :)

Mike

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have had a Suzuki sv 650 and I find the cbr 250r handles better and you can have more fun using all the power without breaking too many road rules. I am 55 next month and have ridden many bikes up to 1000cc. I have owned 24 bikes and I really enjoy the cbr 250r Most of your riding is done at100 kph (60 mph) so you dont need all the power of a big bike.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts