Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Just ordered the fork stem mount, cost about $40, this is the first part I bought for my bike and iPhone. I got a ride coming up this weekend and I’m hoping to get some video with my iPhone.

This weekend’s ride: JB Epic Ride Saturday 1/28/12
that's great Tom, congrats :)

I think I got it for $35 on Amazon.

one downside while recording videos is (assuming you bought a shorter arm...like me!)...at high speed the visor vibrates pretty bad, which in-turn creates a rippling motion and kinda ruins the video... (this is when you point the cam towards the road ahead)

one way to overcome this is to buy a longer arm...(which connects the base plate and the cradle)

but while recording the speedometer, shorter arm would do just fine...

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Just ordered the fork stem mount, cost about $40, this is the first part I bought for my bike and iPhone. I got a ride coming up this weekend and I’m hoping to get some video with my iPhone.

This weekend’s ride: JB Epic Ride Saturday 1/28/12
oh btw...the Epic Ride seems to be fantastic...enjoy the drive...and remember to ride safe!

Nothing like riding in beautiful California...

I'm missing Phoenix more and more... :(

·
Registered
706 Posts
I have an iPhone 4g, but I've never used the bluetooth feature for navigation. Can you explain how you navigate with it. Also, I'd love to see how you mounted the charger, etc. Maybe all of this is in another thread, but I didn't see it. Thanks!
I haven't done any of the charger stuff but I'm just going to run a relay under the seat that turns on and off with the ignition. This will then power up a 12v "cigarette lighter" socket. Then I've got a 2 USB port charger that will plug into that.

I use an app called MapQuest, when connected to a headset you can hear it read you the directions and tell you when to turn and what road/direction to go. It also has on screen instructions.

http://www.senabluetooth.com/products/smh10.php?tab_menu=overview I've got that in my helmet

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
^ Thanks!

·
Registered
389 Posts
that's great Tom, congrats :)

I think I got it for $35 on Amazon.

one downside while recording videos is (assuming you bought a shorter arm...like me!)...at high speed the visor vibrates pretty bad, which in-turn creates a rippling motion and kinda ruins the video... (this is when you point the cam towards the road ahead)

one way to overcome this is to buy a longer arm...(which connects the base plate and the cradle)

but while recording the speedometer, shorter arm would do just fine...
I checked my e-mail and it should be here tomorrow.

Do you have any video from your iPhone used with this mount?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I checked my e-mail and it should be here tomorrow.

Do you have any video from your iPhone used with this mount?

I have a lot of em...will upload a couple to youtube/vimeo and send you the link :)

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I haven't done any of the charger stuff but I'm just going to run a relay under the seat that turns on and off with the ignition. This will then power up a 12v "cigarette lighter" socket. Then I've got a 2 USB port charger that will plug into that.
I thought of doing exactly the same, but apart from riding I travel a lot too...so decided the Zagg Sparq 2.0 would be a better choice (it also charges my iPad 2) :)

·
Registered
706 Posts
I thought of doing exactly the same, but apart from riding I travel a lot too...so decided the Zagg Sparq 2.0 would be a better choice (it also charges my iPad 2) :)
I've got so many different chargers for my phone I didn't mind permanently installing one lol. I've got 2 car chargers and my new radio in my Jeep has a USB port on it...

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
I've got so many different chargers for my phone I didn't mind permanently installing one lol. I've got 2 car chargers and my new radio in my Jeep has a USB port on it...
he he...good for you :p

·
Registered
389 Posts
To go with it, I stuffed a iPhone headset into my helmet, it worked out better then I thought.

[/IMG]

The microphone is tucked in right at the front of my helmet
[/IMG]

And I put the speaker in a larger foam pice by my left ear.
[/IMG]

·
Registered
282 Posts

My phone mount, same stem mount as OP just with an "ibike" waterproof case for my Nexus S, matched with my Sharktooth in helmet bluetooth kit works a treat.
The silicon cover on the case allows you to use the phone with gloves on, while phone is in the case.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
To go with it, I stuffed a iPhone headset into my helmet, it worked out better then I thought.

[/IMG]

The microphone is tucked in right at the front of my helmet
[/IMG]

And I put the speaker in a larger foam pice by my left ear.
[/IMG]
seems like a good idea...will be very helpful during longer rides...will try to do it on my helmet too :D

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #38

My phone mount, same stem mount as OP just with an "ibike" waterproof case for my Nexus S, matched with my Sharktooth in helmet bluetooth kit works a treat.
The silicon cover on the case allows you to use the phone with gloves on, while phone is in the case.
hey...that looks great...can you post a link to a waterproof case that fits iPhone 4?

21 - 40 of 54 Posts