41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #42

·
Registered
532 Posts
Bought this from RAM mounts, they are the best!

I did a lot of research before I got this, but couldn't find much. So I hope this will be of help for anyone who is thinking of getting something similar :)

Here are some pix:

In case you have any questions, just shoot :)

Click here to visit their website!

PS: Apart from the Apple mounts, they have a zillion others too. I highly recommend them :)
I just picked up my CBR, and there is a black plastic 'cap' in the fork stem. I tried pulling it out yesterday (just with my fingernail) and it wouldn't budge, so before doing anything I figured I'd ask how you got yours out. (will likely pick up a RAM mount at the bikeshow here next weekend)

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
I just picked up my CBR, and there is a black plastic 'cap' in the fork stem. I tried pulling it out yesterday (just with my fingernail) and it wouldn't budge, so before doing anything I figured I'd ask how you got yours out. (will likely pick up a RAM mount at the bikeshow here next weekend)

that thing is just tight...it ll come off, if u pull harder :)

·
Registered
532 Posts
I am heading to the T.O. show next weekend to! and will also be looking for a mount
There was someone at the last show, but I can't remember their name -- GPSCity maybe as I know they carry them, but it could have been someone else (they had Garmin GPS units, Scala units, and RAM mounts in their booth).

·
Registered
2 Posts
Bought this from RAM mounts, they are the best!

I did a lot of research before I got this, but couldn't find much. So I hope this will be of help for anyone who is thinking of getting something similar :)

Here are some pix:

In case you have any questions, just shoot :)

Click here to visit their website!

PS: Apart from the Apple mounts, they have a zillion others too. I highly recommend them :)
but how could you get it and withing how many days.please tell me.am going to india on september for 2months. can i order it when am in india.please do tell me it will be a great help for me. and please me the price.in australia it 41$ plus 38 $ shipping charge.:(

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Can I use a different iphone case with the Ram stem fork? I need one that is waterproof, has acces to the the buttons, and can be used with gloves on.

The only one I see for the Ram is a crappy snap on holder that is not a fully weather proof case.

Also what do you guys think of this setup Motorcycle Fork Stem Mount with Tough Case for iPhone 4S including Hard Wire Cable

I like the charge kit too.
I saw one for Sansung Galaxy...but not for iphone...

look around on the website, am sure you ll find something :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
The only one I see for the Ram is a crappy snap on holder that is not a fully weather proof case.
Ram also makes a product called the"Aquabox" that is waterproof, and can hold a smartphone or gps, and still allows access to the touchscreen...

·
Registered
3 Posts
The aqua box is not bad but It's not designed to have the charge cable installed in the bottom while in the case. Is there any reason not to get the kit i posted the link to? will it work fine with the bike. It looks like it would mount the same way as the ram, right in the center fork stem. I also really like the battery kit, which charges the iphone while driving and i can run the cable under the seat.

41 - 54 of 54 Posts