Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
I changed the spark plug and the ignition coil, and clean the throttle body.

Yesterday, I was riding it, it suddenly lost power then I tried to crank it but nothing happened.
I checked the fuse, the IGN Pump Fi solenoid fuse fused.
The above points need more attention, why the Fuse blown away, answer 1. Either due to excessive current from control unit 2. Some wire short circuit.

Again you put new fuse without giving attention to why it happened in first place. I think there is some kind to wiring burst.

I believe in thoroughly check wires by using multimeter and check whether some wire touching to ground (may be control unit ground wire touching to chassis ground). I where you I will start with Checking the hole wiring thoroughly by eyes (By removing external cotton type).

Good luck!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
When I turned the ignition on, I realized that ECU is a bit hot and ignition coil is very hot, is that normal?
Can anyone tell me, what is the process of the ignition coil?
1, There is a power supply to ignition coil
2, When you crank the bike the magnet coil send the signal to ECU (timing signal)
3, ECU received the signal then send other signal to ignition coil, fuel pump, injector..etc
4, ignition coil get the signal then making sparks

The wires (black/ blue) from ECU to ignition coil to injector are all connected, and the voltage is 12.xxV when the ignition on.

The wire (light green) from ECU to ignition coil are connected the voltage is 5v when ignition on, is that normal?

Wondering when you are cranking the bike, what voltages should I get from green light wire and black/blue wire?

I think the connections are good, and I can't see any short of circuit.
Could it be bad ECU or bad magnet coil?

It looks like somewhere circuit shorts, because the fuse was blown, but if the circuit shorts then I didn't fix that, once I put the new fuse on, it would be blown again.
The fuse are fine now the connections are good, the only thing I can think is ECU not giving the signal to ignition coil, am I right?

Thanks for any reply!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Find the workshop manual for cbr250r, it easily available online and it has given thorough information on NO SPARK cause.
I suggest you to use initial Coil and spark plugs back, and reset the Throttle body as previously stated
You removed the throttle body and cleaned it right, in this process when we rotate the flap, it need calibration once fitted back. As per manual say. Just do it once and let's see.
As I have also had similar issues after I cleaned the throttle body. After first LOCK-DOWN, I had cleaned the Fuel tank(added new fuel filter) as bike was not starting on initial fuel which was 6-7months old, so carried out both the things at the same time of repair. So, after everything put back on bike was cranking but not starting, so I hard reset everything (taken out battery terminals, kept for ~10min and connected - & + terminal to each other, As this step will help to erase fault memory). But still same thing was happening, so I given some throttle after cranking and it started but RPM's was fluctuating and I released the throttle it went OFF again so, I figured out I was unable to keep idle RPM's. I checked for manual and done the reset and everything back to normal, nice and smooth.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Find the workshop manual for cbr250r, it easily available online and it has given thorough information on NO SPARK cause.
I suggest you to use initial Coil and spark plugs back, and reset the Throttle body as previously stated

As I have also had similar issues after I cleaned the throttle body. After first LOCK-DOWN, I had cleaned the Fuel tank(added new fuel filter) as bike was not starting on initial fuel which was 6-7months old, so carried out both the things at the same time of repair. So, after everything put back on bike was cranking but not starting, so I hard reset everything (taken out battery terminals, kept for ~10min and connected - & + terminal to each other, As this step will help to erase fault memory). But still same thing was happening, so I given some throttle after cranking and it started but RPM's was fluctuating and I released the throttle it went OFF again so, I figured out I was unable to keep idle RPM's. I checked for manual and done the reset and everything back to normal, nice and smooth.
Um.... Thanks for the suggestion, but I can't get any spark, that's the first thing I have to find out what the problem is, because, after I had cleaned the throttle body, the bike was working good, so if something wrong with the throttle body, then I could not ride it.
I can not start it even I give some throttle when cranking.
No spark....

I can't find the service manual online...
all I can find is MC22 cbr250rr

so if someone can help me to get the service manual, then I might be able to fix it.

thanks

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·

Thanks for your help, I got the manual and fixed it!
The problem is the ECM!
I got the spark now, and the bike starts now!

May I ask you about the throttle body reset?
I could not find the reset process.(which page) I took it out and spin it slightly tight.
As you said, now is starting but I have to hold throttle a bit, otherwise I have to crank for two times once I start it, the idle is a bit low.
It should be over 2000 RPM for warming up then down to 1400 RPM right?

Thanks

·
Registered
39 Posts
Thanks for your help, I got the manual and fixed it!
The problem is the ECM!
I got the spark now, and the bike starts now!

May I ask you about the throttle body reset?
The topic is 5-50 in the manual, you need special tool to short the two wires as manual indicates. I used normal wires instead of sp. Tool, work perfectly. And the idle rpm should be ~1400 and ~1700 in cold start but it may differ from outside temperature.

About the faulty ECM, I newer heard that before, as this unit is pretty much robust. I think you have used aftermarket ignition Coil or Out of speciation spark plug.

·
Registered
Honda: INNOVA125i(2010); CBR250R(2013)
245 Posts
I have to hold throttle a bit, otherwise I have to crank for two times once I start it, the idle is a bit low.
It should be over 2000 RPM for warming up then down to 1400 RPM right?
YES
This is a problem I have, and I have not solved it yet.
From a post I wrote three months ago-LINK:
I have a problem, a difficult in engine starting.
Usually I only get good starting in the second try.
One of the "solutions" is to forge the throttle adjustment.
Stretch the cable, which is what the mechanic of my motorcycle did when it was in previously owned, but it is really not recommended:
Now I am after IACV replacement, and it has improved the situation. When I have a full solution in hand I put up a post on that subject.
In the following video I documented the problem:

21 - 28 of 28 Posts