Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is the fifth time it has happened n my case. Engine turns off, and when I try to restart, the link shows excatly the what happens each time.
Video link #1

Video link #2

Case: 1 - Rode 110 kms and stopped at a coffe shop on highway for 45 minutes. When tried to start, problem !!!!

Case: 2 - Rode 160 kms, as I entered into the city, bike stalls. It took 15 minutes and several tries before I could restart.

Case 3 - Started back to homee at 9:30 pm from Gym. Bike stalls and takes good 20 mins to start. Same case as shown in video.

Case 4 and 5 - Usual ride in the city and early morning on highway (this is where I made this video).

My bike is with the dealer, but they are not able to reproduce the issue. They are checking the wiring, but I don't think its the wiring problem. I also showed them this video.
Is anyone facing the same problem ?

·
Registered
427 Posts
It's related to heat. First guess, change the plug. They can go intermittent with temperature. I don't think it's a fueling issue either.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
I dont know.. interestingly..thats exactly how mine acted when I tried to start it after it sat for 5 days in my unheated garage...did that 4 times to me...every time after sitting 3-4 days in near freezing temps.....I had to crank n crank to get it to start up the exact same way you did there in video 2...the exact same way....read on the internet that the fuel line might be draining and suggested I started priming the fuel line 3 times and waiting 7-8 seconds each time..(turn ignition on..wait 7-8 secs, turn off) after I started doing this...3rd time it would crank right up...dealer seemed baffled when I explained to to them..said they would have to have it while it wasnt starting in order to diagnose it..problem is..never knew when it would do it,and once it started, wouldnt do it again.. never did die on me while riding tho..and now that the weather has warmed up..dont even prime it but once anymore..hasnt done it in months?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes and no, i tried it both ways. If you see in the second video, i leave the throttle and try to check. But in the end, I have to pull the throttle to give a forced start. Heat is not the problem, because when i started the bike at night, it stalled just after 100 mts ride.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Distance and heat is not the problem

This has happened in my case after every 1500-2000 kms of run. The last time they did a checkup i had covered 6500 kms (case 3). Case 4 and 5 happened after doing another run of around 1600 kms.

I suggest, if it ever happnes to your bike (god forbids ;) ) , please make a video immediately as a proof of the problem.

I dont know.. interestingly..thats exactly how mine acted when I tried to start it after it sat for 5 days in my unheated garage...did that 4 times to me...every time after sitting 3-4 days in near freezing temps.....I had to crank n crank to get it to start up the exact same way you did there in video 2...the exact same way....read on the internet that the fuel line might be draining and suggested I started priming the fuel line 3 times and waiting 7-8 seconds each time..(turn ignition on..wait 7-8 secs, turn off) after I started doing this...3rd time it would crank right up...dealer seemed baffled when I explained to to them..said they would have to have it while it wasnt starting in order to diagnose it..problem is..never knew when it would do it,and once it started, wouldnt do it again.. never did die on me while riding tho..and now that the weather has warmed up..dont even prime it but once anymore..hasnt done it in months?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Steve,

Heat is not the problem.

Case 1 and 3 are examples where bike was allowed to cool for long time. In case 3 , it was cold night and just started when bike stalled with same problem after moving just 100 mts.

I tried to start
It's related to heat. First guess, change the plug. They can go intermittent with temperature. I don't think it's a fueling issue either.

·
Registered
254 Posts
This is the fifth time it has happened n my case. Engine turns off, and when I try to restart, the link shows excatly the what happens each time.
Video link #1
CBR 250R Ignition problem - Part1 - YouTube

Video link #2
CBR 250R Ignition Problem Part 2 - YouTube

Case: 1 - Rode 110 kms and stopped at a coffe shop on highway for 45 minutes. When tried to start, problem !!!!

Case: 2 - Rode 160 kms, as I entered into the city, bike stalls. It took 15 minutes and several tries before I could restart.

Case 3 - Started back to homee at 9:30 pm from Gym. Bike stalls and takes good 20 mins to start. Same case as shown in video.

Case 4 and 5 - Usual ride in the city and early morning on highway (this is where I made this video).

My bike is with the dealer, but they are not able to reproduce the issue. They are checking the wiring, but I don't think its the wiring problem. I also showed them this video.
Is anyone facing the same problem ?

At times in the morning, but maybe happened 3 or 4 times does the same. IF i give it throttle starts up. Also it has a bit of a problem getting to idle and have to rev it a bit high to get to idle. Its odd. It did happen when it was colder.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If it happens next time, can you try making a video and upload it on youtube/forum, ? That might help in understanding what the problem is. I can also show it to my dealer.

At times in the morning, but maybe happened 3 or 4 times does the same. IF i give it throttle starts up. Also it has a bit of a problem getting to idle and have to rev it a bit high to get to idle. Its odd. It did happen when it was colder.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts