Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On cold start if i rev the enginet,the rpm drops and and engine will turn off,hence i have to maintain a throttle not to turn off on riding till engine to heat up,any idea?

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
Did you run some Fuel System Cleaner?

Is the air filter clean?

Valves adjusted?

New plug?

Chances are it's nothing serious, but a combination of a few things than need maintenance.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i have adjusted the valve,and run cleaner to fix it but no chance,maybe spark plug need checking,air filter is clean

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
It seems like you're making a lot of new posts with lots of issues with your bike, many of which are one and the same. If mechanically inclined, I would invest in a shop manual and educate yourself highly on your bike; after all, it is all that's between you and the pavement. :)

In the idea of safety, sometimes if that's not the road you want to go down, it's better to let a shop figure it out and repair it for you.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i had told the service centre guys to fix all issues you find,they just fix the shim issue,thats all.
reason for many problem is this bike had only clocked 26000km in 5 years.iam searching for a good mechanic who can fix all,not going to service centre any more.

·
Super Moderator
6,925 Posts
i had told the service centre guys to fix all issues you find,they just fix the shim issue,thats all.
reason for many problem is this bike had only clocked 26000km in 5 years. I am searching for a good mechanic who can fix all,not going to service centre any more.
Getting your bike to a competent motorcycle mechanic who can diagnose the issue(s) you're having is key.

And as cbrlocal suggested, get yourself a copy of the factory service manual. These are complex bikes, and even the most experienced mechanics would be at a loss in their ability to diagnose problems without a service manual at hand.

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
reason for many problem is this bike had only clocked 26000km in 5 years.iam searching for a good mechanic who can fix all,not going to service centre any more.
What does the inside of the tank look like?

You may have rust inside that's restricting the fuel flow by clogging the filter or damaging the pump.

If there is a significant amount of condensation in the tank it will sit at the bottom and occasionally get picked up, causing odd intermittent running problems.

I would suggest taking a good look at the tank and draining all the gas.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
tank looks fine, spark plug may have problem,iam getting petrol smell from the exhaust..iam not sure just a guess

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
issue has been found , ask JKV said the petrol tank is rusted at bottom. ??.. will this damage my engine? need to clean the tank asap

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
issue has been found , ask JKV said the petrol tank is rusted at bottom. ??.. will this damage my engine? need to clean the tank asap
The filters should catch the rust particles, but they get clogged. Eventually the fuel pump will quit producing enough pressure due to the tiny particles that get by.

Clean the tank and replace the filters. If it still doesn't run properly it may need a new fuel pump.

Everything else should be fine.

Keeping the tank as full as possible reduces the chances of condensation forming. I've been know to add some 2-stroke oil to the tank, in addition to a fuel stabilizer, if it's going to sit a while. Doesn't do anything bad, and actually makes the exhaust smell good!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Check spark plug cap,

if the neck area insulation has broken down it does this shutting down thing, insulate with battery terminal protector spray till you order and change the spark plug cap

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
fuel tank has cleaned ,but still some rust is their,and eventually i will have to change the tank i guss,but still their is a less throttle response feel on low rev,it is better now,i think fuel pump may be. clogged with the rust, service centre guys told me,fuel pumb only can be replaced not able to repair.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts