Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a call from one of my local D/FW dealers today. They have two (non-ABS) CBRs due in Thursday. They expect to have them on the showroom floor Friday.

Looks like the US shipments are in.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Good to know that. :)
Do click some pics when you visit the showroom to have a look and share it here.

·
Registered
272 Posts
That is GREAT news! Don't think they'd BS about 2 days to go. When do I think my dealer will call me? I'm not holding my breath.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Kutter ! I think your dealer is going to call ANY MINUTE now ! Let's be optimistic..........

Thanks Xplorguy, I'd like to think so. Weather here in Pittsburgh has been the pitts lately. Cold, rain, more rain. Forecast: rain, more rain.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Thanks Xplorguy, I'd like to think so. Weather here in Pittsburgh has been the pitts lately. Cold, rain, more rain. Forecast: rain, more rain.
Same here in Iowa. Snow the other day, so I guess it's not horrible thing the bikes aren't here yet. That's going to be changing very shortly though.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Yeah i agree atm the weather blows, and a really crappy to all motorist in general.. rain rain rain rain!

But April 22, sounds good hopefully up here in Canada we'll get them sooner instead of a uhhh we are not sure yet.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Sure seems to be a trickle into the US -2 bikes per dealer when they ordered 10 to 20 x that number. **** shame if Honda underestimated the demand that bad. It realistically may be a long while before many of us get our bikes.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
FYI - my local dealer (DFW Honda) did in fact their 2 CBRs in - one red, one black. I was there earlier today and the black one had been prepped and was ready to go. The red one had not yet been prepped. Unfortunately, I was only there running a quick errand so I didn't get a chance to get any pictures or a demo ride. Still, it's confirmation that they US deliveries have begun.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Got a call from one of my local D/FW dealers today. They have two (non-ABS) CBRs due in Thursday. They expect to have them on the showroom floor Friday.

Looks like the US shipments are in.
Going on the showroom floor? not sold already? The Dealers around here either cant get them or have already sold the few they did get.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Going on the showroom floor? not sold already? The Dealers around here either cant get them or have already sold the few they did get.
The red one is now sold. I just got back from test riding the black one and will post a mini-review in another thread. By the time I got back from my test ride, there was someone else waiting to ride it. I don't know if the bought it or not.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I live in Austin, but called the Honda dealer in Kyle (30 minutes south of Austin) to see when they were coming in. This call was made at 5pm this past Friday, and the sales guy said they had just come in. I asked him what time they open Saturday morning, and he said 9am. There was no way I could fight Friday evening traffic so I went to bed early and showed up at 9:05 the next morning.

Saw a black one on the show room floor, and then asked to see the red one still in the delivery crate. The red looks way better in person.

So...

Here she is right after the dealer finished the inspection and prep.

Got her home.

..and off the trailer.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I live in Austin, but called the Honda dealer in Kyle (30 minutes south of Austin) to see when they were coming in. This call was made at 5pm this past Friday, and the sales guy said they had just come in. I asked him what time they open Saturday morning, and he said 9am. There was no way I could fight Friday evening traffic so I went to bed early and showed up at 9:05 the next morning.

Saw a black one on the show room floor, and then asked to see the red one still in the delivery crate. The red looks way better in person.

So...

Here she is right after the dealer finished the inspection and prep.

Got her home.

..and off the trailer.
my preorder is a black one

but i gotta admit, that red there looks sharper than any of the pics i've seen of it so far... enjoy!

·
Registered
272 Posts
That is the look I want for sure. It is beautiful! You're are sure to get the looks as you ride one of these for a while. Till 50 of them are running around your town. From the looks of it, that won't be any time soon.

·
Registered
272 Posts
I plan to have my wife take me to the dealer with riding gear. Unless its 40 or below, I'll be riding mine home.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just took it for a fourth ride during the engine break-in process. Just some general observations:

1. bike feels very light, yet stable in normal weather conditions
2. the seating position is comfortable (at least for those that are 5'4" :D )
3. clutch operation is easy and the foot lever snicks into place with zero effort
4. lots of gear changes to get up to speed if you follow the recommended shift points of every 10km above 20km
5. wish there was a gear level indicator
6. tachometer could be just a little larger in size, and would prefer white numerals on a black background
7. the handlebar grips are slick if your hands tend to sweat from the heat (I'll be wearing my gloves next time)
8. exhaust note is unobtrusive
9. fit and finish on the bike is excellent
10. the mirrors, are perfectly placed, albeit kinda large

It was very windy today, and I could feel a bit of buffeting from side to side when I was doing 50mph on a stretch of roadway.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts