Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
I would always suggest a relais for an aftermarket horn. Not only, if you use a pair. With any horn you double the amps from the OEM signal. It's a lot more difficult, to change the signal button, later.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Thanks for the advice guys. Ill look into it once i get her up and running.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Well Honda have screwed up my order AGAIN! Going to be at least another seven days waiting.

Really grinds my gears dealing with this merd service out here. Some of them really are as thick as two short planks of wood. ( not all :) ) Unlike the "fully certified Honda technician" who put the oil filter in backwards at my 500km service :(. Same old same old. You pay peanuts you get monkeys.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Unlike the "fully certified Honda technician" who put the oil filter in backwards at my 500km service :(. Same old same old. You pay peanuts you get monkeys.
I like it, always they want me to go to the waiting area.
And always I say no.
I'm only let them do the oil and filter changes so that I don't have to deal with the old stuff.
But I look at their fingers.
Must have a real reason, that they don't like that. It's still the peanuts think, I guess.
The good guy's move on, to a own shop or to one, they get paid better.
And leaving the workplace, but the mechanic can't even answer, how much oil he will have to refill, at this change?
I don't want they mess with the chain slack, too.
Also my old engine oil should not migrate, via a short stopover on the chain, to my rims and tires.
Tire pressure, ......

Na, there a lots of reasons I can't leave them alone with my bike, they working on.
>:)
I try to make it as easy for them, as possible.
As less they have to deal with, as more is afterwards like it has to be!0:)

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
And leaving the workplace, but the mechanic can't even answer, how much oil he will have to refill, at this change?
I don't want they mess with the chain slack, too.
Also my old engine oil should not migrate, via a short stopover on the chain, to my rims and tires.
Tire pressure, ......
Yea spot on mate! They asked me if i wanted my chain "cleaned" & lubed on my 600r. Nope!

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Update:

Well I have had it up to my Eye balls with Honda Thailand. Their service and customer support has drastically deteriorated over the last year or so. It is very frustrating for me as I have always been a stout Honda fan boy.

The Local dealer ( Lazy, lying buggers ) Claim the problem is acquiring the headlight unit. To which my response was. "Why after three weeks are my other parts not here?" Usual blank faced Thai response . Not Interested. After a few choice words to the manager in Thai. I jumped on Line app to talk to my good friend down at K-speed Phitsanulok. I gave him the Part number & waited 5 minutes. Surprise! Can have it for me in 3 days. Showed this to the manager at which point he "LOST FACE" It was as a beautiful moment.

So eventually I got my money back. Told the manager to stick his dealership up his arse sideways. I am now consulting with my lawyer & escalating this issue with Honda headquarters in Bangkok.

·
Registered
514 Posts

the problem is acquiring the headlight unit.
Are you looking for the original CBR250R headlight?
If yes, don't forget, it's a 'old' bike.
And not a big market, for older bikes at dealerships.
It could have helped, to ask for the 2014 CBR150 headlight.
They got an angry bird look, but aside that it should be the same.
Maybe even cheaper. Because only a 150cc ;-)

Attachments

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Are you looking for the original CBR250R headlight?
If yes, don't forget, it's a 'old' bike.
No problems mate. I got everything ordered on friday from K-speed. Should arrive at my home today via EMS in the next few hours. :)

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #30 (Edited)
Update. Just got all the parts deliverd to my door 5 mins ago :) Doing the happy dance! Cost an extra 20 buck but hey! :)

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
Sooooo, what's in the boxes other than packing styrofoam??

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #32 (Edited)
Sooooo, what's in the boxes other than packing styrofoam??
Pretty much a complete plastics set. I posted some parts in a older post. But this is the full sha-bang. The only gripe is some parts Honda Thailand no longer supplies in Honda red. So the bike is going Tri colour. Red,black & silver.

Must be to consolidate for the newer Tri colour models. If i dont like the look i can always respray them further down the line.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts