Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
$3099!

Now click on the CBR125R and look at the price. $3099! For a brand new motorcycle with financing! Now all I have to do is figure out how to buy from Canada and register it in the US. I am only 2 hours from any number of Canadian dealers just over the river from New York.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Now click on the CBR125R and look at the price. $3099! For a brand new motorcycle with financing! Now all I have to do is figure out how to buy from Canada and register it in the US. I am only 2 hours from any number of Canadian dealers just over the river from New York.
If the 125R gets available world wide, wonder how long it will take before everyone is talking about boring out the cylinders..adding different sprockets, installing a turbo charger on it to make it get more horsepower ,torque and top end?....just like alot do on here concerning the 250R....instead of just buying a bigger cc bike to begin with :) I guess I just dont understand the logic behind that..lol

·
Registered
256 Posts
spdklls - I understand what you are saying. I agree for the most part but some possible reasons why you wouldn't just buy a bigger bike.
1. Our bike weighs less
2. It is a challenge and buying a new bike isn't?
3. $3900 for a new bike and you get to spend 2x that and more on goodies (fun) before you approach the price of a 600cc. (i know what your thinking but....who wants a used bike)
4. wolf in sheeps clothing
5. Nobody is really gonna do it but it sure is fun to talk about
6. I would like to bump my hp up to 40hp more than I would want a 100hp bike for the same price. Others may feel the same. We have some brand new 2009 Aprilia Tuonos for $7800, maybe less if you try to make a deal, but I really just don't want that much bike or that bike even though it makes sense in many ways. For right now anyway I just want my cbr and I would gladly take some more horsepower.
Just some random thoughts to the old why not just buy up question.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts