Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys and gals, the CBR is ruining my life.

It costs a fortune for gas (only averaging ~80mpg). Insurance for me, being 20, is ridiculous at 70/month for full coverage. I'm saving so much that i have tons of extra spending money. It is such a hassle to figure out what to do with it. Sucks, man.

I also hate how much attention i get when i ride it. I cant go a single day without a compliment from someone about the bike.

Any suggestions?

Any similar stories?

·
Registered
879 Posts
Guys and gals, the CBR is ruining my life.

It costs a fortune for gas (only averaging ~80mpg). Insurance for me, being 20, is ridiculous at 70/month for full coverage. I'm saving so much that i have tons of extra spending money. It is such a hassle to figure out what to do with it. Sucks, man.

I also hate how much attention i get when i ride it. I cant go a single day without a compliment from someone about the bike.

Any suggestions?

Any similar stories?
Ya I know what your talking about. Aint it a bitch ha ha

·
Registered
611 Posts
With the money your saving. You will be able to purchase a cbr for each day of the week.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
My only problem is..the cbr is go great on gas and so fun to ride..I ride it all the time and find myself having to fill up at least once each day that I ride it..could be worse i guess ..$6-$7 a day aint bad for 150 miles a day

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Get a life.

Find some other interests, which may soak up a bit of that spare cash. Enjoy using the bike to get around, but realise that in the end it is just a means of transport..... unless you decide to take up motorcycle racing!

You can avoid the compliments by letting the bike get used looking, instead of being some shiny thing that is your life.

That works for me.

Using small to mid sized motorcycles that I paid cash for, I have been able to go more places, and do more things, than I would have been able to do if I was paying off some fancy set of wheels.

·
Registered
426 Posts
My only problem is..the cbr is go great on gas and so fun to ride..I ride it all the time and find myself having to fill up at least once each day that I ride it..could be worse i guess ..$6-$7 a day aint bad for 150 miles a day
managed to get in a short 1.5h ride on Sunday. On way back home stopped at the gas station to top up with fresh fuel. Got in line behind someone gassing up their Cadillac. I LOL inside and watched as the dollar amount kept rising and rising finally stopping at over $90.
When it was my turn at the pump i topped er up with $2 :)

Oh and yes i get comments all the time. almost all positive. In the fall i stopped at a local Kawasaki dealer known to have good deals on gear. When i came out i saw 2 people admiring the bike. One of them was a mechanic from the shop.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Yes, the stupid vehicle is ruining my life too!!! I've clocked about 16028 Kms in 9 months time frame!!! It's so possessive that it doesn't allow me to touch my other rides, except when it goes to service. It doesn't allow me to speak with strangers on road due to exceptional acceleration. Oh!!! yes, such a sweet looking bad ass bike!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts