Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I let a friend from the local forum here in the San Francisco area forum BARF borrow my cbr250 for a comparison article against the ninja 250. The folks at CityBike, a local SF magazine picked the article up and want to run it next month. Saturday we did a photoshoot for the article and you can see the pics here. Was a great experience getting to show it off, after just 3000 miles of riding experience! (The guy on the ninja has ridden over 200,000 on his various ninjas lol )
http://www.garyratherphoto.com/grphoto/DownLoadZip/CBR250.zip

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
+Well, at least the commercial filming citation from Parks and Rec wasn't more than an infraction, LOL!

Nice shots. The side-by-side readers was neat.

Ride on.
Roadkill

LOL yeah he said he thought the cop was gonna let him go.. until his wife got in his face about paying taxes to keep the parks etc... hahah It was pretty bullshit, free magazine, camera man was basically doing it for fun. It's not like Speilberg was filming the next Jurassic Park there. He gave a bad name to all law enforcement that day.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Yes that is the article. As you can see from the comments many people had the same ideas as you. He is somewhat biased it's impossible not to, he has ridden over 150,000 miles on ninja 250's and loves them obviously. Not to mention he can do things on them people only dream of. I rode with him that day for an hour or so and I was scraping my pegs around turns that he was taking one handed lol. It's hard to be completely unbiased ever.. he just has no interest in picking one over the other compared to others that have reviewed the two bikes.

Gary says this "From my side, the objective in testing the bikes against each other in this unofficial, private shootout was to have zero. Not working in the motorcycle industry in any way, or having any affiliations with any motorcycle company for gratuities, advertising dollars or other hooks, I had no horse in this race."

Being a taller, bigger rider who cares more about the commuting abilities for me means the cbr250 won this shootout. A lot of it is up to opinion.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.