Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

CBR250 converted to CBR600

15K views 17 replies 12 participants last post by  Internide 
#1 ·
Let me start by saying if your gonna trash talk this idea go somewhere else. I wanted to know if anyone has actually mounted a cbr600 fairing to a 250. I really only care about the front as that's the only ugly piece of the 250 let me know!

#3 ·
the CBR300 will look closer to a 600 then what the 250 does now. u should wait till the 300 comes out this fall. At least the 300 and 250 will share the same frame (from what the pictures show)

#4 ·
That's cool I didn't know that even existed. I would stillike
To have the rear that the 600 has doesn't look like the 300 will have a diffrent tail. I know the 600 is wider but I would assume one could
Make there own brackets to make up for the space?

#6 ·
cbr600s are quite common and as such are crashed regularly.

my guess is that you could find a fairing or two for next to nothing if you look around a little bit. get one and see if it fits and if not figure out how to make it fit. it's really not all that hard. you could share your knowledge and help somebody else out.

#7 ·
cbr600s are quite common and as such are crashed regularly.

my guess is that you could find a fairing or two for next to nothing if you look around a little bit. get one and see if it fits and if not figure out how to make it fit. it's really not all that hard. you could share your knowledge and help somebody else out.
look at parts on partzilla for the cbr250. assume the same for the for the 300...
trying to jimmy rig a subframe to fit a fairing from a physically larger bike, would not be worth waiting till a similar looking cbr600 fairing came out in 6 months for an identical framed bike. but heh its your time

#9 ·
New CBR250R Body conversion

Ok so I thought of an idea, what do you guys think the chances of a CBR125R fairing kit fitting on a 250 would be? The 125 r has a much cooler nose and front fairing set. What do you guys think? Would anyone be interested in watching me do this project?

#14 ·
I would never do a motor swap the 250r frame is too dinky for more power. I would not trade a 250r for a 300r the 300 will have a single cylinder engine as well. If anything I would go for the cbr500r. I completely took off the front end of my 250 last night to install a double bubble windscreen and I honestly don't know if this is a project I want to start doing.

#17 ·
Hi I actually did this, I bought a Honda CBR250 2012, And realize that the bike was frame was trashed. So I went online and found out that ICould use a CBR 300 frame. So I bought a Honda CBR 300 frame and transferred over everything over from The Honda 250 over to the Honda CBR 300. And it worked out perfectly everything went smoothly over, with a little bit of elbow grease with the engine swap.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.