Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
How are you checking the oil level? You should be checking it while holding the bike upright, not while it's sitting on the side stand. If the sight window is completely full while the bike is upright it's too much oil, but if the sight window is also still completely full when the bike is on it's side stand it's WAY too much oil.
If you can't syphon off some of that oil with a syringe or vacuum pump then you should refrain from riding the bike until you have the parts to do a complete oil change with the correct amount of oil, making sure you install a NEW crush washer on the oil drain plug and of course insuring that the oil filter is installed correctly.
I've been changing the oil on my 2011 CBR for over a decade and I still have to double and triple-check that I've installed the filter correctly before tightening down the oil filter cover. Whatever you do, do NOT over-tighten the oil filter cover bolts or use a torque wrench on them as they can easily break off. A simple hand-held bolt driver will give you a much better "feel" when tightening those bolts.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts