Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
I only said on .org, the other day, to someone that it's dead there and .net is where it's at. So I thought a moderator had seen it and suspended me for it. But tried it this morning on the work computer and got the same. I must be psychic....or something

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
Maybe I should go troll over there... give it some life.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Maybe I should go troll over there... give it some life.
Probably wouldn't have worked; that forum had a different tone about it. A lot more about doing things than complaining about things. Sure people had their gripes, but they were more constructive than just blaming Honda about putting things right.

It used have some good trip reports. There was talk of engine modification going beyond slipping on a new exhaust and ticking up the ECU.

There were quite a few Indian members, and it seemed more cosmopolitan in its membership than this US dominated one, with a greater proportion of experienced riders. I don't think I ever saw MSF mentioned. I liked it when it was going well.

There were a few Seppos over there, the OP of this thread being one of them, of course. He enjoyed the benefits of the wisdom of some "Thailand boy" when he was seeking to understand some state legislation about Jumping Jack Flash lights.

It sort of started to die when one of the most active members, SKD, got attacked by a know all squid with the handle, massimo. SKD, a mechanical engineer and a well experienced motorcyclist, didn't post for a long time, and the forum became less lively.

Now it seems, RIP cbr250.org

·
1,305 Posts
post one picture of my assless chaps and the whole website dies....
what is this world coming too...

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
Too bad to hear .org imploded in cyber-space:confused: My only experience with them was the hideous trolling and bullying by some who "infiltrated" our forum last year. Would be nice to see if a few come our way and introduce some new topics for discussion. :D

On the bright side, we shall carry on:D:p

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
post one picture of my assless chaps and the whole website dies....
what is this world coming too...
SO THAT explains it.....an ass-tronomical eclipse. Knew it had to be some epic event to successfully shut down an established forum as .org was:eek::eek::D:D:D:D J/K

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Too bad to hear .org imploded in cyber-space:confused: My only experience with them was the hideous trolling and bullying by some who "infiltrated" our forum last year. Would be nice to see if a few come our way and introduce some new topics for discussion. :D

On the bright side, we shall carry on:D:p
That was cbr250.com. For the most part its members are interested in the 1990's CBR250RR, a four cylinder screamer. Yes, they did come up with some fairly repugnant stuff, to what end I don't know. Maybe they wanted to titillate some lewd squid from drunkard-city.

The cbr250.org lot were interested in the current CBR250R.

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
That was cbr250.com. For the most part its members are interested in the 1990's CBR250RR, a four cylinder screamer. Yes, they did come up with some fairly repugnant stuff, to what end I don't know. Maybe they wanted to titillate some lewd squid from drunkard-city.

The cbr250.org lot were interested in the current CBR250R.
LOL. What a typo-goof up of mine. Ha Ha HA. I'm such a dork:eek:;) How are you doing Mikey??? Still thinking you gotta buy a 250;) the .com guys were a teeny bit annoying. Apologies for the mix-up

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
I always thought that "Assless Chaps" would be a great name for a middle-aged British cover band.

Reactions: Top

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
There were a few Seppos over there, the OP of this thread being one of them, of course. He enjoyed the benefits of the wisdom of some "Thailand boy" when he was seeking to understand some state legislation about Jumping Jack Flash lights.
Just for the record Mikey..I didn't seek out your wisdom specifically but rather posted a question to the forum in general, and you answered it ....But I did appreciate your opinion on the subject..

You are ALMOST tolerable when you have a moment or two of lucidity and seem to genuinely be trying to be helpful..

Unfortunately you haven't appeared to have had very many of those moments the past 6 months or so..I would love to see you prove me wrong over the next 6..

And I am really glad I missed the assless chaps pic..I have enough trouble sleeping as it is :eek:

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
Just for the record Mikey..I didn't seek out your wisdom specifically but rather posted a question to the forum in general, and you answered it ....But I did appreciate your opinion on the subject..

You are ALMOST tolerable when you have a moment or two of lucidity and seem to genuinely be trying to be helpful..

Unfortunately you haven't appeared to have had very many of those moments the past 6 months or so..I would love to see you prove me wrong over the next 6..

And I am really glad I missed the assless chaps pic..I have enough trouble sleeping as it is :eek:
I KNOW what you mean about our Mikey. Seems cynical this last while. Maybe he's having an inner crisis:confused:

·
Banned
1,894 Posts
when did this happen? why? anyone know?
It's what happens when there's thread after endless thread by a know-nothing about how easy the CBR will mod to 33BHP and hit 200kph, who then aims to troll every thread with such nonsense, without actually doing it, or anything else, to his own bike, which he can't get to hit 140kph indicated.

Repeat ad nauseam... and people lose interest.

Dominant forum personalities are fine for a forum unless they're lying dreamers giving false information about a product to anyone who'll listen.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
I KNOW what you mean about our Mikey. Seems cynical this last while. Maybe he's having an inner crisis:confused:
Nah, no crisis, though full on at work of late, and just the odd, sometimes cryptic, post to blow off a bit of steam. Language is my work, and playing with words is a bit of a diversion.

A dry Antipodean sense of humour doesn't always cross borders well, especially into the land of the Webster's. Perhaps old Samuel wanted to change things just enough for them to avoid paying royalties on the language they like to call their own.

I am, of course, using Antipodean in the Oxford English sense of the word, though technically where I come from is the antipodes of Spain. In the case of the Webster's, the antipodes is the Southern Indian Ocean. There only human languages spoken there are nautical variants, on the occasional passing fleet yachts racing around the world.

Poor young spdklls, I thought he was never going to respond to anything I posted ever again, but he bit again. He has had a problem with me since I sought to assuage the guilt he felt at almost not putting on his trousers. I guess it goes against MSF mantras. Not being a member of the cult, perhaps I caused offence.

Looks like I managed to press young Redline's button too. No Webster's there, methinks.

All in all, a successful bit of trolling; hooked two with one cast. A celebratory nice hot cup of tea might be in order.

The quarter litre bike can wait till I get back to Godzone later this year, and then maybe I'll land up going for an eighth litre. An XR125 with a decent carrier and dual sport tyres could serve my purposes better, for half the price. There is a bit of trolling to be had down some unsealed back roads, which can be rewarded with a fine fish for dinner.

For now my 14 year old 100cc Dream will do.

But still, I am pleased to see the resurgence of the quarter litre class, which is what bought me here.

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
I sense you have a dry sense of humour:D Often get a laugh reading your posts. Is it NZ or the UK you're soon heading home to? My apologies in not remembering. Do you miss home? Or do you call Thailand home as you've lived there for some time? I'm hopeing to head back to Thailand next winter. I despise the cold but surprisingly I found myself missing the seasonal changes when last in Thailand. Ironic:D:D

1 - 20 of 25 Posts