Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
id driven 40km the first day. kept it under 6000 revs. day 2 another 25 km under 6000 revs and i noticed the ABS light started flashing. 4 km from home on back streets i started taking it easy then the computer switched off and i started to panic thinking wtf is going wrong then finally the bike cut out. After 15 mins and a few abusive calls to the dealer the computer came back online but as soon as i tried to start it the bike made a noise that sounds like it and the computer shat themselves and everything died...... WTF any thoughts?

·
Registered
23 Posts
I don't have my CBR yet.. still waiting on the dealer. But the problem you're describing, the way it is described.. it sounds suspicious, as in it sounds like a bullshit story!

People have been riding this bike around the world for more than 4-5 months now, and I've never heard of that.

Benefit of the doubt, though. Let us know what happens.

·
Registered
40 Posts
There is always problems when it comes to a new product,(even Honda's) that's why a lot of people wont buy something until the 2.0 version is released and all the bugs have been worked out..;)
This is what warranty is for, take it back to the dealer and have it checked out..

Fingers crossed it's an easy fix :)

·
Registered
928 Posts
This is the first thing ive ever bought as soon as it came out. Be interesting to see what upgrades the 2012 has.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
unfortunately its not a bullshit story it actually happened. the dealer is towing it tomorrow. they said it definately sounds like a mechanical fault and the first one out of the 100+ they have sold (out of the 3 dealerships). i will keep you all posted.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Why do people call and yell at the dealer like it's their fault... The dealer didn't make the bike it's not their fault you're having problems. The person on the phone usually wasn't even the one that sold it to you. It's obviously an electrical problem, that's the problem with electronics. They don't have an expiration date on them, sometimes they break in 5 minutes sometimes it takes 20 years. It sounds like the problem is a short in the electronics somewhere. Possibly a shorted ABS sensor that in turn fried the engines computer (I would assume on a bike they share the same computer to save space)

·
281 Posts
Without knowing any more details than we have, I would tend to agree with Somebody5788 that it is an electronics issue. Assuming they can get the parts quickly, it should be an easy fix.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Why do people call and yell at the dealer like it's their fault... The dealer didn't make the bike it's not their fault you're having problems. The person on the phone usually wasn't even the one that sold it to you. It's obviously an electrical problem, that's the problem with electronics. They don't have an expiration date on them, sometimes they break in 5 minutes sometimes it takes 20 years. It sounds like the problem is a short in the electronics somewhere. Possibly a shorted ABS sensor that in turn fried the engines computer (I would assume on a bike they share the same computer to save space)
fair point i do agree. i should have been a little more specific in the details as i abused the dealer cause i thought it was total bs and bad business cause he wanted me to pay for the tow back to his shop and said that it was at a cost to honda that i would have to chase up. also he wasnt going to call the head of services till monday as it was his day off. thanks for the support guys will keep you posted. bike is apparently getting picked up today.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
they just picked it up and think its a dodgy battery. taking it back to the dealer now for a proper diagnosis. will keep you all posted.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
I don't have my CBR yet.. still waiting on the dealer. But the problem you're describing, the way it is described.. it sounds suspicious, as in it sounds like a bullshit story!

People have been riding this bike around the world for more than 4-5 months now, and I've never heard of that.

Benefit of the doubt, though. Let us know what happens.
More like Murphy's Law: if it can happen, sooner or later it will.

With all the product testing and QC we have these days we tend to expect things to work perfectly. In the past it wasn't so, and motorcycles in days of yore were far from reliable. Honda did a lot to change that.

Annoying though it may be, we have to accept that occasional problems will emerge. It is probably more likely with a new product. Hopefully Honda, and the dealer will deal with this one appropriately.

·
Registered
636 Posts
goku- hope your bike gets well soon..as far as the dealer wanting to charge you for a tow? NO WAY.. no doubt the dealer didnt "make the bike" but he did sell the thing to you and should take a little ownership in that fact. while problems will arise the dealer will hopefully treat you with good vibes from here on out..

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
the verdict is in..... drum roll please.... faulty regulator-rectifier....and possibly battery too... so guys i dont know much about this stuff. will replacing this effect my bike?? and having had the fault in the first place effect it??? would appreciate some opinions, thanks.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Cannot see any reason why the initial problem or replacing parts should affect your bike. Cannot see any reason why it should affect you, beyond the bit of inconvenience from having the problem in the first place. The bike should be repaired under warranty, at no cost to you. Then the dealer should give you a cheery wave and send you on your way.

Happy riding, hopefully with no further problems; but of course nothing can be 100% certain.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I was supposed to pick up my bike today after work. Around 2PM I got an email from the dealership informing me that the battery that came with the bike was faulty. The replacement battery has been scheduled to be delivered to the dealership tomorrow morning so I'll have to wait until tomorrow afternoon to pick up the bike. Bummer...

·
Registered
216 Posts
I wouldn't pay for it myself it really seems like manufacturer defect and just get them to replace it since you owned the bike for only such a short period of time.. but that is a weird problem esp if it just rolled out of the factory and under such "normal" conditions.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts