Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
576 Posts
Thank u .. Thank u...

Ya.. ya.. Will be taking that barbeque grill off ;)
congrats:)
i've carried some heavy stuff in a backpack,i just let
the straps loose to where all the weight is on the seat.
also rode about 100miles with a couple of kayak paddles
tied to the back.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks ibex..

congrats:)
i've carried some heavy stuff in a backpack,i just let
the straps loose to where all the weight is on the seat.
also rode about 100miles with a couple of kayak paddles
tied to the back.
Vow.. awesome.. Am looking forward for a ride on this bike soon...

The barbecue grill makes a great luggage rack if you take it off the bike, bend it in a press, and fit it back.
Thanks doc.. Its a nice suggestion. I think it should help me hold the saddles as well..! Lets see..

Done with 130kms. Showed the bike at registration office this morning. Expecting a registration no. in a day or two now. Then should be all set for a short spin to start with.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Any suggestion on a typical run-in.. As am finding various types of them on other forums. Though at the moment am maintaining it in band of 4-5k most of the times. And going around all the gears & in other RPMs sometimes. Maybe for atleast 500kms

·
Registered
879 Posts
Hello and welcome the forum. Congrates on the new bike you will really enjoy it im sure. As far as the break in goes you will get a lot of different opinions on that. I simply took it easy on it for ab the first 3-4 hundred miles. Vary your speed, dont redline it and it should be fine

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
In the User Handbook, it just says not to thrash it or brake too harshly for 300 miles. I've got 295 on mine at the moment, so it won't be too long before it gets a jolly good thrashing. :D
Yeah.. So happy thrashing.. :p

Hello and welcome the forum. Congrates on the new bike you will really enjoy it im sure. As far as the break in goes you will get a lot of different opinions on that. I simply took it easy on it for ab the first 3-4 hundred miles. Vary your speed, dont redline it and it should be fine
Thanks tom..!! Am varying the speeds now, with different RPMs. Just avoiding sudden launches & redlining..!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts