Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

Cbr250r (2013) Air filter plastic loops broken

2K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  absinthe 
#1 ·
Hello fellow riders

Noob here.
The 2 clips (plastic loops) in the air filter compartment are broken (pic) . I'm holding the filter in place using a metal wire for a temporary fix.

Can you kindly help me with a better solution for this?
How do I get new set of loops there? Is it too much work? Will it cost me a bomb?

Motor vehicle Bumper Automotive tire Automotive exterior Gas

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Hello fellow riders

Noob here.
The 2 clips (plastic loops) in the air filter compartment are broken (pic) . I'm holding the filter in place using a metal wire for a temporary fix.

Can you kindly help me with a better solution for this?
How do I get new set of loops there? Is it too much work? Will it cost me a bomb?

View attachment 45544
Welcome to the forum.
Your air filter is currently NOT doing the job, because the air filter is not attached to its place, and also because the opening is supposed to be closed (and the suction is only through the tube from below).

Your air filter is currently NOT doing the job:
Automotive tire Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Bumper

The part you need to buy is (LINK to Partzilla 7.12USD + Shipping):
ELEMENT HOLDER
17220-KYJ-900

Bumper Air gun Screenshot Trigger Font

Maybe the Slideshow I made in the following video will help you?

Reactions: Mory
#3 ·
TIP: When you tightening the screws to the plastic threads, a low torque should be used (not destroy the plastic threads).

#4 ·
Hi Tamir

Thank you so much for providing the fix. You're the best!
I will go ahead and buy the element holder.

In your first picture I suppose you are trying to show the correct way of locking the filter in place, by pulling up the clip, correct?
The problem I faced was no matter how hard I pushed the filter up it refused to fall into the loop. Am I doing something wrong? Or is this normal?

And about the below tip, you are referring to the filter cover screws, Correct ?

TIP: When you tightening the screws to the plastic threads, a low torque should be used (not destroy the plastic threads).

Thanks for the video, I'm still trying to understand it though!

#5 ·
In your first picture I suppose you are trying to show the correct way of locking the filter in place, by pulling up the clip, correct?
The problem I faced was no matter how hard I pushed the filter up it refused to fall into the loop. Am I doing something wrong? Or is this normal?
In your case the loops are broken. You don't have to use a lot of force, but it happened that I had to bend the tabs on the filter a little.
Watch the half minute that starts at 10:53 (LINK)
AND
Watch the half minute that starts at 13:24 (LINK)

And about the below tip, you are referring to the filter cover screws, Correct ?
6 screws:
Gesture Font Eyelash Asphalt Screenshot

... I'm still trying to understand it though!
Sorry, I don't know you, and I don't want to fail you.
If you think the job is too complicated, don't hesitate to contact a qualified mechanic in your area.

• Love
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.