Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought a new battery for bike the bike wont fire up, the bike has been sitting in the shed for a long time so bought new battery and put it in and it wont fire up. How can i get the bike started without draining the new battery?

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
You are on the wrong forum to sort out your earlier, wilder version of the CBR250R. The latest incarnation is a mild thing with a single cylinder. Try cbr250.com, you should get more joy there.

I guess the current model, with its electronic this and that, would be a dead duck with flat battery. For older tech machinery I have found push starting or running down a hill has worked, but you do have to check the ignition and fuel system and so on to make sure everything is right. Just eliminate problems one by one.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Don't have a clue dude...Any way this is a 2011/2012 CBR250R forum but there is a other honda motorcycles thread down toward the bottom of the forum page
Wow spdklls; you da dude. Ya'll sound quite the biker boy there. But are your red neck credentials better than your old pal, Thailand Boy?

·
Registered
354 Posts
At the least, gas dried in the carbs, and the pilot jets are plugged. dont use the old gas in the tank, get fresh gas. check for spark.
you can test it with quick start, if it fires it needs gas.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Nothing good comes from a bike thats been sitting for a long time. carb is most likely gummed up and will have to be removed from motor torn down cleaned and re assembled. Would also empty gas tank and fill with fresh gas. Good luck. How long has it been sitting? Is there any rust in the tank?

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Just trying to help the feller out there Mikey..I think I was polite in expressing that this isn't the forum for the old 250r...can't have everyone running amock posting threads about anything with a gas engine..now can we? where will it end if we did?

I think it's standard knowledge that nowadays letting anything sit for a long time with gas in it is committing engine suicide...but if you can find the time between your cynical obtuse postings and want to write him a reply telling him how to tear down the engine and clean out and rebuild the carb..be my guest thai boy

1 - 7 of 7 Posts