Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone

I notice my coolant temperature gauge after 5-30 minutes runs for below 6k RPM
are all having 3segments out of 6. (didn't reach 4 segments , but always 3 segment after warm-up)

and sometimes 3 segments and radiator fan on, sometimes off.
I want to know about the coolant temperature range for each segments.

thank you!

p.s. local temperature around 28C

·
Registered
167 Posts
if the radiator is not blocked and,not many fins are damaged,and when coolant level is fine,then no need to worry.
My friend rode his bike 650kilometre in a straight stretch,with just fuel brakes and pillion helping him free his wrists by riding himself some kms
and he told me he felt heavy heat from engine bottom,to his boots and heat digital meter still showed 3 units off 6.

In mc41 engines,the radiator fan kicks in at high temperatures,
whereas mc42,indian ones,are set a little low temperature,and one can see fan running,just after 8-10km

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
3 is operating temp.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
so anyone knows what's the temperature range of segment 3?
and in mc41 engines, what's the temperature when radiator fan kicks in.
because my fan kicks in when the segment still at 3

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
3 is the sweet spot..or in other words normal..,,more than bars than 3 can signify problems...there is a hole on the left side of your motorcycle a foot or so from the rear..your ignition key will fit in this hole...you will hear a click when you turn the key and the back seat will pop open..remove this seat..theres a strange object under the seat..its called your user manual....every thing i just said to you in the first line is contained within this user manual

·
Banned
1,894 Posts
Yup, in 32,000km of riding in hot ol' Thailand it has never gone above 3 bars, no matter how much leg cooking has gone on at those Bangkok traffic lights.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I shall try and push 4 at my first track day next week, any thing less im not pushing hard enough :D

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
I shall try and push 4 at my first track day next week, any thing less im not pushing hard enough :D
Ha.. 40 degree heat and still 3 bars... BUT if any instructor catches you looking at anything else than where you need to be... he will slap you!
Tape over everything.. even the tacho.

Best of luck Robbo and have fun.
I expect a full write up of your experience.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts