Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In India, bookings for the 2011 CBR250R started on January 1st 2011 and from that time till now Honda has received over 1 800 bookings, all within a month! Now that's crazy.

For a bike that's not market specific, it's doing much better then i expected. At this rate the CBR250R could do better than market specific bikes Honda planned for India.

If Honda's CBR250R can do that well in such little time in India, I wonder how well it can do in Europe & North America.

article Honda to launch India-specific models post Hero Honda exit - The Economic Times

·
Registered
879 Posts
I live in the USA and dealer orders were 4 times greater than production. My dealer now isnt even sure how many he will actually get. WOW Bet honda steps up production next year

·
Registered
61 Posts
Yes, in India, it has got a really good response. 1800 bookings in the first month, without seeing the bike in flesh is really an achievement that Honda can boast about. It shows how much people have trust and expectations from Honda. The numbers have now reached over 2400 in March 2011.
But the biggest challenge is the production. They don't have a huge production here, which translates into longer waiting period. This is same for any other Honda motorcycle or scooter in India. We need to wait for around 6 months after booking for some the Honda motorcycles/scooters. Now these things will surely affect the availability of CBR in other countries as well, since it will be exported from here.
Because of these rise in demand, Honda has already planned for a 3rd manufacturing facility in India. Hope it gets ready soon and the production increases.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Those are some very good numbers for India.... is the production line the same? Will this make it more difficult to get one in the US? I'm wondering what the price difference is once its converted for a CBR250R in the US versus in India.

Can't wait to get my CBR250

·
Registered
61 Posts
Those are some very good numbers for India.... is the production line the same? Will this make it more difficult to get one in the US? I'm wondering what the price difference is once its converted for a CBR250R in the US versus in India.

Yes, I believe the production line is the same. Not sure whether that will make any difference.
Also, regarding the price, I thought it was already announced for US, isn't it? The standard version (Non-ABS) is priced same as Kawasaki Ninja 250R. And a $500 premium for the ABS version.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

I was just wondering about this too. If the demand is so high, it could be a problem for just one cbr250r production line.

on motorcycle.com they reported that Honda has another CBR250R manufacturing plant in Thailand in this article 2011 Honda CBR250R Tech Review - Motorcycle.com

and according to that website, Honda has factories in 20 other countries.

I think Honda shouldn't have any problem supplying the demand for CBR250R's worldwide.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Mine was supposed to be in early april. Now they tell me sometime in may. Dealer ordered 12 and is only getting two because demand is so high for this new model

·
Registered
116 Posts
It seems to be a good idea to put a hidden gps tracker on mine WHEN i get it - everybody apparently want it..

Havent EVERYBODY allready a bike in india/thailand? :)

·
Registered
30 Posts
hey guys,im from pune,india.i have booked my CBR 250R(ABS version) last month.but will be quite sometime till i get my hands on it.
as already said,demand is extremely high in India.surprising.

cheers.

·
Registered
69 Posts
It seems to be a good idea to put a hidden gps tracker on mine WHEN i get it - everybody apparently want it..

Havent EVERYBODY allready a bike in india/thailand? :)
YouTube - Indian driving style....

That was pretty impressive to watch! Not impressive good- I don't think I could drive there. But wow, it looks like cartoon driving where people just go and merge and cross, etc and NO ONE GETS HURT!:eek:

·
Registered
272 Posts
Eeks

If I had to drive there I'd drive big tank car. That's crazy! I'd bet people on bikes get run over all the time.:eek:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts