Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It only cut off idle when it’s low on rpm like the idle rpm 1k it will bounce a little and die then when I start it again it does it all over but if I give it a little throttle and I pull up to the next light it won’t do it but then after it happens again only happens when warm when I start it in the morning and for the first time in like 2 weeks it started no problem and idle good day his is with a new oil change , new spark plug, new fuel pump, because my old one fuel valve broke my friend snapped it but I have the old one and I was able to fix it with plastic melt and it’s sturdy but I still put the new pump in the only think to my head is a vacuum leak and the battery is also new the lights are bight also so it give power I use 91 I have a new chain idk what else it can be it happen randomly one day I was riding to Walmart on the road and when I pulled up to a light it just died and wasn’t idling at all so it was a plus I guess he broke it almost 😅 my next purchase I’m thinking is a fuel filter but I feel like I’m spending to much already now for something I feel is small

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
It only cut off idle when it’s low on rpm like the idle rpm 1k it will bounce a little and die then when I start it again it does it all over but if I give it a little throttle and I pull up to the next light it won’t do it but then after it happens again only happens when warm when I start it in the morning and for the first time in like 2 weeks it started no problem and idle good day his is with a new oil change , new spark plug, new fuel pump, because my old one fuel valve broke my friend snapped it but I have the old one and I was able to fix it with plastic melt and it’s sturdy but I still put the new pump in the only think to my head is a vacuum leak and the battery is also new the lights are bight also so it give power I use 91 I have a new chain idk what else it can be it happen randomly one day I was riding to Walmart on the road and when I pulled up to a light it just died and wasn’t idling at all so it was a plus I guess he broke it almost 😅 my next purchase I’m thinking is a fuel filter but I feel like I’m spending to much already now for something I feel is small
I'm always skeptical of aftermarket fuel pumps, if that's what you installed.

Did you service the air filter lately? Oil it?

What is the normal idle RPM?

How old is the fuel? Sitting with a low level in the tank?

I'd add a strong fuel system cleaner like Techron (1oz per gal) and fill the tank. It will clean the injector, as well as the valves and combustion chamber.

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
i just bought some fuel system cleaner the Techron and it normally idles like at 1-2k rpm and when it first starts it will idle 2-3k then goes to 1-2
Does it jump around between 1000 and 2000 RPMs?

That would suggest something like a vacuum leak.

Not sure if inadequate fuel pressure would do something like that, but as I said - I don't trust aftermarket fuel pumps.

How about the other stuff I mentioned?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So Today I Put the Techron fuel cleaner and I felt the difference it felt like a octane booster it felt faster and was pick up quicker on all gears but when I came to a stop once like every 3 it will cut off but will sit at 1k before it does I feel like it clean I’m feeling a vacuum leak does anyone think it could be the throttle body rubber

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The air filter yea I washed it and it was even fairly clean before I washed it isn’t really dirty
But when I stop by my friends on it it’s starting wouldn’t go without me giving it gas then I would come to a stop and it will idle also when I cruise on neutral it wouldn’t die while sitting at idle only when stopped

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
The air filter yea I washed it and it was even fairly clean before I washed it isn’t really dirty
But when I stop by my friends on it it’s starting wouldn’t go without me giving it gas then I would come to a stop and it will idle also when I cruise on neutral it wouldn’t die while sitting at idle only when stopped
Did you oil the filter?

Don't know what type of filter the CBR has (never owned one...), but if it requires oiling, it's easy to use too much. If you do, it will run poorly.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Did you oil the filter?

Don't know what type of filter the CBR has (never owned one...), but if it requires oiling, it's easy to use too much. If you do, it will run poorly.
The CBR250R has a dry paper filter that does not require oiling. Oiling it would reduce its effectiveness and probably cause a lot more problems than it would solve.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm having idle problem after I cleaned my trottle body. What is the reason how can I fix it?

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
The CBR250R has a dry paper filter that does not require oiling. Oiling it would reduce its effectiveness and probably cause a lot more problems than it would solve.
I agree - you don't oil a stock paper filter.

A common mistake with a foam filter is over-oiling, which creates idling and running problems.

Having not owned a CBR I wasn't sure which type was used.

Thanks.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts