Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I purchased a muffler from china, to save money, and turns out it isn't a slip on. The ending diameter of the exhaust it 2.5 inches, and I need it to somehow slip onto the 1.5 inch exhaust pipe. I bought it here Motorcycle Exhaust for Honda CBR 250 & CBR250RR. If anyone has any tips at all on how to hook it up, I would really appreciate it. Preferably in-expensive.

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
Well this is how not to do it> My never ending Ninja 250 exhaust saga. (Lots of Pics)

You are going to have to go to an exhaust fabrication shop and pay (alot) to get a link pipe custom made with a sleeve & clamp to fit the Honda header, 2 or 3 bends in the right places, and welded up.

Then you will have a loud expensive china pipe that will last a couple rides.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Thats a pipe for the old late 80's early 90's honda CBR's

You bought the wrong one.

Dont bother trying to make it fit.

·
Registered
501 Posts
I've done industrial maintenance for over 20 years. Looks like a easy fix to adapt to me. If you dont have access to the right tools it isnt going to do you any good though. If you had a muffler shop make it, it would probably still be cheaper than any other after market exhaust. But you may not like the end result.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Hey, I purchased a muffler from china, to save money, and turns out it isn't a slip on. The ending diameter of the exhaust it 2.5 inches, and I need it to somehow slip onto the 1.5 inch exhaust pipe. I bought it here Motorcycle Exhaust for Honda CBR 250 & CBR250RR. If anyone has any tips at all on how to hook it up, I would really appreciate it. Preferably in-expensive.
Better off getting a full system from Thailand for $150 +post made for CBR250 2011

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
Macca and everyone is correct, that 3 bolthole flange is for cbr250RR MC22 application.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts