Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all, new poster here.
was just wondering what some opinions would be on getting one of those cheap exhaust tips that are supposed to make your car look cool and sticking it on the cbr in place of the stock muffler. my reasoning for this is not for the look or the sound but for replacing 30 pounds with 1 or 2 pounds. just curious i guess if itll cause any damge to the motor and also if itll drain some power from it.
thanks in advance

·
Registered
135 Posts
hi all, new poster here.
was just wondering what some opinions would be on getting one of those cheap exhaust tips that are supposed to make your car look cool and sticking it on the cbr in place of the stock muffler. my reasoning for this is not for the look or the sound but for replacing 30 pounds with 1 or 2 pounds. just curious i guess if itll cause any damge to the motor and also if itll drain some power from it.
thanks in advance
The performance will be crap (you will lose power running an open pipe...), and it will be loud beyond belief. I was happy with the weight savings the LV GP Corsa full system gave me for $300. Beings as the bike sounds like a GP race bike I find myself frequently embarrassed and apologizing as I roll into gas stations/restaurants.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts