Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 164 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The bike isn't even out yet, but it appears like a few European exhaust companies have gotten their hands on the CBR250R to develop some systems for them. Check it out, they all make the CBR sound like a dirtbike because of the single cylinder:

Termignoni:

Remus (this one really makes it sound like a thumper!):

Bizumo (not sure if we get this brand in the US):

This sounds like a Chinese exhaust company. Not sure:

Which do you guys like?

·
Registered
20 Posts
not really digging the sound of the single cylinder engine. youre 100% right when you said it sounds like a dirtbike.... not really a good choice in my opinion. i preferred them when they were inline four's. if i had to pick one id go with the remus for sure.

·
Registered
2 Posts
hi guys... any links to where such exhausts can be bought from.

over and above an exhaust i'd be looking to get a fender eliminator and "oggy" knobs... but i fear that its still too early in the piece for the aftermarket

·
Registered
11 Posts
a beefier exhaust needs to be made for the cbr250r, all of the exhaust systems posted above sound like lawn mowers and/or dirt bikes. single cylinder setup's are hard to sound beefy but im sure it can be done.

·
281 Posts
ALL of the aftermarket mufflers sound light years better than the stock...it looks like a mandatory changeout..............

·
Registered
116 Posts
Well they all sound better than the original exhaust, take em for a spin so we can hear how they really sound - cause for my cbr125 sucks when just sitting there and giving throttle :)

I have a soundsample of mine, but cant find an upload-funktion here

·
Banned
1,894 Posts
Will probably go for a DBS pipe. Which is the best local made exhaust company here.

They have a nice new triangular carbon fiber muffler that looks the same a yoshimura. Will be 6,500thb for the muffler, or 9,000 for the whole system, so I'll go for the whole system.

They sound great on the ninja, but remember that it's a twin cylinder.

That's the old round version, the new triangular one is far nicer on the eye.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm not really crazy about the sound of any of though. It kind of bums me out that the Ninja 250R sounds better with an exhaust then the Honda. Oh well...I'm still going with Honda. Maybe Yoshimura or another brand can save the day.

·
Banned
1,894 Posts
The lambda bung is on the exhaust manifold, so the O2 sensor will send the info to the ECU which will automatically adjust to keep the compression ratio the same.

This said, the stock ECU is likely to be quite limited in its ability to change it too much.

A few options will be available if the bike is running too lean (not enough fuel for the amount of O2). Have the fuel injection reprogrammed, aftermarket ECU with new fuel maps/powercommander/juicebox.

I personally will probably go for a K&N airfilter, aftermarket pipe, then have the FI reprogrammed to match the stock compression ratio. This service is rummoured to be available sometime soon here in Thailand - selected dealers will be equiped to to put different fuel maps on the CBR for only a few $$.

·
745 Posts
I just don't like the looks of the stock exhaust - that will probably be one of the first things to go.

The Remus looks good - any first-hand comparisons to stock for decibel level? (my open-pipe Harley days are behind me). Definitely wouldn't mind a better tone or more performance, but don't know what stock is...yet.

·
745 Posts
Remus sez they don't make a pipe for the CBR250 - they are trying to figure out the source of the video.

·
Registered
87 Posts
LeoVince and TwinBrothers will be bringing out the exhausts specifically made for Honda CBR250R. I got this info off Facebook, when I contacted their authorised dealers here in India. They are supposed to be one of the finest. LeoVince wil be making full carbon and normal metal exhausts for CBR250R.

·
Registered
87 Posts
^^ That might be difficult to get, considering the fact that CBR is single cylinder and 600R is multi. But you can get close to that sound, problem is it will effect your engine in the long run if ill-fitted.

1 - 20 of 164 Posts