Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! I am looking to buy a CBR250R ABS model and I had a few questions!

First off, I am buying this bike for fuel economy, and I would like to know if any modifacations can be made to help with that... Such as exaust,airbox,1 tooth less on the sprocket<-- "if thats correct",Engine mods, ect. I hear you can mess with the air / fuel ratios and get alot more power but alot less fuel economy.. I would like to keep the power but get better fuel economy! Mainly highways with 65 - 70 mph speeds

Secondly, if you could post your average mpg/miles per tank I would be grateful!

Third: any defects I should expect after I buy it? Other than Engine rattle at 5500RPM after first service "that I will warn them about and tell them if it happens/when it happens"

I'm 5 foot 10 inches tall and 190lbs! Thanks looking foward to replies! :)

·
1,305 Posts
100 % city i got about 52mpg
90% free gets about 69mpg

giggidty

·
Registered
160 Posts
Just buy it and ride it. If you need to run safely at 70mph, there is no other bike made that can touch the performance and fuel economy of the CBR250R.
I agree with Sendler. Once you start riding this bike, especially if you just want to average 70mph, you'll have a big grin on your face. It handles nicely, it's got plenty of pep at that speed, you're sitting higher than the ninja 250 guys whose noses are pointed down and who are busting it to get to the high rpms they need before they get to the performance they want - while you with your single thumper have left them with their screaming twins behind at the lights. So what if they catch you around 40mph, they still had to catch up with you - plus by the time they are doing that they have burnt at least 50% more fuel than you have LOL.

Bro/Sis - imagine the NInja 250 is still fueled by carburetors, and here's the little single CBR250R with injection.

The major defect this bike has is that you might just wanna keep riding it.
It can be bad for your sex life.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks everyone! After poking around more if I wanted to spend 300 - 500$ in total mods for it to go from 70mpg - 85 - 90 I shall do so over time.. Getting this bike soon!! I have Another question about it, Extended warranty? Worth it? I hear it's 4 years more so it will be a total of 5 years but what does it cover ect? And can I change my own oil and put aftermartet items on without voiding my warranty?

·
Registered
386 Posts
Thanks everyone! After poking around more if I wanted to spend 300 - 500$ in total mods for it to go from 70mpg - 85 - 90 I shall do so over time.. Getting this bike soon!! I have Another question about it, Extended warranty? Worth it? I hear it's 4 years more so it will be a total of 5 years but what does it cover ect? And can I change my own oil and put aftermartet items on without voiding my warranty?
Not worth it unless you're in India. They've been having all kinds of trouble with the bikes made and marketed there.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I agree with Sendler. Once you start riding this bike, especially if you just want to average 70mph, you'll have a big grin on your face. It handles nicely, it's got plenty of pep at that speed, you're sitting higher than the ninja 250 guys whose noses are pointed down and who are busting it to get to the high rpms they need before they get to the performance they want - while you with your single thumper have left them with their screaming twins behind at the lights. So what if they catch you around 40mph, they still had to catch up with you - plus by the time they are doing that they have burnt at least 50% more fuel than you have LOL.

Bro/Sis - imagine the NInja 250 is still fueled by carburetors, and here's the little single CBR250R with injection.

The major defect this bike has is that you might just wanna keep riding it.
It can be bad for your sex life.
Why is it bad for you sex life?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Zimbo if the one major thing your worried about is fuel economy then you may even want to try the CBR125r. I think its on the same frame? Least it looks just like our 250's:rolleyes: BUT we will allow you to hang out on the forum with the Big Dawgz :p Ha ha ha J/K

·
Registered
160 Posts
Zimbo if the one major thing your worried about is fuel economy then you may even want to try the CBR125r. I think its on the same frame? Least it looks just like our 250's:rolleyes: BUT we will allow you to hang out on the forum with the Big Dawgz :p Ha ha ha J/K

Hmm here in Asia we have the CBR150R too

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

No thanks I'm already dead set on this bike... It's the middle of winter so I'm waiting 3 or 4 weeks to order it so I can ride it the day it's ready!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Zimbo, I'm pretty much in the same boat. We are the same size.

I'm almost on the fence between a CBR125R and a CBR250RA.

I really like the possibility of getting 100MPG on the 125 and speeds only go up to 90 kph anywhere in the city where I live.

On the other hand, I'm very interested in the extra bit of power on the 250 and anti-lock brakes.

After reading up on this forum, I'm a little worried about the 5500 RPM rattle that some people have been complaining about. :(

I also think it might be worth waiting for the 2012 in case they fixed whatever has been causing the rattle in the 2011 model.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts