Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
My cbr's rpm meter needle flactuates even when i keep the throttle pulled in same position .i can feel it when riding too..specially in lower gears bike gives jerks ....please help immediately 馃檹 as whole it feels like power flactuation ...WHAT IS THE PROBLEM.

Registered
A number of things come to mind -

Too low of RPMs for the throttle opening (bogging).
Need of tune-up - plugs, air fliter, etc.
Chain and sprockets worn, misaligned or out of adjustment.
Batch of bad gas or water in the tank.
Excessive deposits inside the engine (valves, combustion chamber)

What happens when you take the RPMs up to say 8000 or so?

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for replying...
After pulling to 8000 i doesn't feel any issue .....and one more thing is that it happens in even neutral too...
when i accelerate, the needle of rpm meter goes up and down. For example if i pulled the throttle at 4 k rpm than the needle of the rpm meter flactuates between 3.5 to 4k rpm .
Note:- Before some time i had changed my rocker arms of both sides ....is this issue caused by that .

Registered
Thanks for replying...
After pulling to 8000 i doesn't feel any issue .....and one more thing is that it happens in even neutral too...
when i accelerate, the needle of rpm meter goes up and down. For example if i pulled the throttle at 4 k rpm than the needle of the rpm meter flactuates between 3.5 to 4k rpm .
Note:- Before some time i had changed my rocker arms of both sides ....is this issue caused by that .
When that happens is the engine accelerating evenly, or stuttering?

Seems like an electrical issue possibly. Check the battery connections to make sure they are snug. I'd also check the battery voltage. Before starting it should be over 12.7V. That's the basic test.

How long has it had this problem? A tank of bad gas with excessive water can make it run poorly, but wouldn't make the Tach act erratically.

Why did you change the rockers?

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for answering.....
When that happens is the engine accelerating evenly, or stuttering?

Seems like an electrical issue possibly. Check the battery connections to make sure they are snug. I'd also check the battery voltage. Before starting it should be over 12.7V. That's the basic test.

How long has it had this problem? A tank of bad gas with excessive water can make it run poorly, but wouldn't make the Tach act erratically.

Why did you change the rockers?
Exhaust side rocker had broken so my svc said to change both sides of rocker....Can it happen due to sims or valve adjustment.....sometime my bike missfires too...and i've already checked battery voltage and wirings.....only petrol tank i've not checked.

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
And
Thanks for answering.....

Exhaust side rocker had broken so my svc said to change both sides of rocker....Can it happen due to sims or valve adjustment.....sometime my bike missfires too...and i've already checked battery voltage and wirings.....only petrol tank i've not checked.
And Yes it stutters ...... .....it happens even when i keep the throttle at the same position ....for example...if i keep rpm at 4k than rpm needle keeps moving from 3 to 4 k rpm in neutral

Registered
I might start by completely emptying the tank and checking the tank for rust that may be clogging the fuel pump's filter.

Fuel pumps get damaged easily from debris in the tank, and your problem may be related to not have adequate fuel pressure.

Check some of the recent threads for fuel pump brands to buy - and brands to stay away from. Not all new aftermarket pumps work properly.

Registered
Discussion Starter #8
I might start by completely emptying the tank and checking the tank for rust that may be clogging the fuel pump's filter.

Fuel pumps get damaged easily from debris in the tank, and your problem may be related to not have adequate fuel pressure.

Check some of the recent threads for fuel pump brands to buy - and brands to stay away from. Not all new aftermarket pumps work properly.
Thanks ...i'll check it out. I'll be back after inspecting my fuel tank .

Super Moderator
Many of these types of "problems" simply can not be diagnosed half way across the world. Best to find a qualified technician, and let him diagnosed and work on it hands on.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts