Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
OK I'm starting to love everything about your vids ... from the no riding gear to the no indicators.

Oh and Your dad~ ezrockcbrblack ... says he wants the keys back.

·
Registered
210 Posts
squid

Shorts, tennis shoes, t-shirt. No signaling; riding outside the lines and disregarding differential lane speeds..

Guys like this with the blissful ignorance of someone who is not used to taking risks, not used to consequences, and has never encountered danger. Their first lesson hopefully will be a low-speed getoff. Maybe a broken elbow or wrist and some road rash. Or maybe death. Or worse, paralyzed and a burden on 'friends'(who would rather not know the person) and family for the rest of your life.
If I sound judgmental it is because I have lost friends who could not manage risks. I'll take a wild guess that the guy in the video has not.
There is a time and place for speed. And there are ways to manage the risks and eventualities. Speed when its safe, but wear the gear. Car analogy; drive, but wear a seatbelt.
Good judgment comes from experience and observation.
And in case you have read this far; I am NOT posting this for the guy in the video; he wouldn't listen. I'm talking to you, the reader.

·
745 Posts
motorcycle wreck last weekend in my hometown... young man with a new 600, girlfriend on the back in a tank top. Grabbed a handful of throttle, pinned him back, she wound up on the pavement at ~40mph. Tank tops and pavement don't go well together -she's going to need a new nipple and a lot of skin on the left.

Luckily, she had on a full-face helmet, because she was a really cute young lady. I guess from now on that'll be from the neck up.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Dont be hating, I love freedom. that said, he should not be allowed a free ride into county hospital if he bites it. And if he kills someone he should suffer the consequences.
Where should he go to learn and practice his stunts? the Motorcycle Shyster Foundation? I bet that is where you go for the jelly donut.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts