Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i filled up the tank on 11-11-11 with 5151 miles. i'll just show you the highlights :D
this first clip is at the pump.towards the end of this clip you can see a bucket fly past me from some expert driver...im glad i missed it and it didn't get caught & jam up my front wheel

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
11-12-11.driving conditions where almost perfect(too windy)
at about 2:35 . expert with no blinker on his cell phone :mad:
hope the call was important !

·
Registered
636 Posts
Go get em' sniper!! i hope the "expert" on the R1 never goes down wearin those threads, minus a helmet..The vids are fun though. keep em comin'

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
No Helmet? No police?

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Go get em' sniper!! i hope the "expert" on the R1 never goes down wearin those threads, minus a helmet..The vids are fun though. keep em comin'
go easy on him , he was probably "just going to the gym right down the street".:cool:

can't tell them your side of the story at the E.R. with brain trauma !:confused:
they'll just put "motorcycle" on the paper work.

...and the expert drive on their cell phone that flicked that cigarette in your face didn't even notice when you fell :(

he is lucky.....600rr's love to abuse 1000's with no helmets :)

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
I think in some states in america you don't need to wear a helmet and just "eye protection" aka a pair of sunnies! it's effed up i know!
yes.this is true.the expert law.
if you have more than $10,000 worth of insurance , you don't need to wear a helmet.:confused:
but the police can't just pull you over to check if you have insurance, not that they would care to pull you over for not wearing a helmet either because if you are driving your motorcycle without a helmet you must be an expert.
cops got better things to do now.plus that's how they can tell who are the experts :D

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
11-13-11.back on the road a fellow rider.not like the expert on the R1 this guy knew the deal.we were going just a little faster than the cars.but when he noticed me he looked surprised, like he was thinking i was going to "Fly-by" him on a 1000. only experts do fly-by's.
this will probably happen to you if you ride this bike.
don't panic and stay in a straight line because there's probably a few more experts on 1000's right behind that first one...good time to test the throttle;)

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
11-14-11 started at 5151 an the reserve light started flashing at 5284 miles but the tank made it to 5298.
she was thirsty ! $11.00 / 2.684 gallons at $4.099 !!
tank capacity:3.43 us gal (13 liters)
remaining fuel when flashing:0.37 gal (1.4 liters )
im no math expert but im guessing like around 50 mpg

driving conditions go from bad to great in like 2 seconds (weather & traffic).:confused:

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
I have not cracked the 50mpg barrier yet but trying hard.

Have got it down to 4.19 litres per 100km. (56.13713526268382 US mpg)

·
Registered
282 Posts
I'd be happy if fuel were $4.10 a gallon my last fill cost $5.33 a gallon($1.4 p/L)

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'd be happy if fuel were $4.10 a gallon my last fill cost $5.33 a gallon($1.4 p/L)
:eek:.....$5.33 p/g !! that should be Honda's main selling point in Australia.
i wonder what gas prices are in other parts of the world ?
i was going to have my head examined for filling up at the Shell on South Beach.(most expensive)but now i feel better..:)

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
USA is cheapest in the world, Oz is pretty good... Its twice the price in europe.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Gas may seem cheaper in the U.S., but aside from big urban cities (NYC, LA, and DC mostly), we have practically no public transportation options. If you don't live in a big city, you have to own a car in order to make a decent living. Especially if you have a family or live in cold winter climates. That's why there's pressure on keeping gas cheap in the U.S. (With the recession, it sure doesn't seem cheap right now to most of us.)

I think that some oil-producing countries have gas prices well under $1 USD for gas, but I'd guess that's because their rich governments subsidize most of the cost.

·
Registered
386 Posts
11-14-11 started at 5151 an the reserve light started flashing at 5284 miles but the tank made it to 5298.
she was thirsty ! $11.00 / 2.684 gallons at $4.099 !!
tank capacity:3.43 us gal (13 liters)
remaining fuel when flashing:0.37 gal (1.4 liters )
im no math expert but im guessing like around 50 mpg

driving conditions go from bad to great in like 2 seconds (weather & traffic).:confused:
Looks like 54.77 MPG

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
Hey llory you are right about Venezuela.. price varies so much round the world.

Gasoline and diesel usage and pricing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Us Aussies still make our big 4 door rwd sedans (Holden Commodore or Ford falcon)with 4.0 litre 6 cyl, and 6.0 litre V8 options, and the rest are big 4wd SUV's like Landcruisers.. we will change .. slowly.

Fuel is cheap.. cheaper than Coke or bottled Water, and the same price as milk.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts