Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, the muffler guard on my CBR250R got scratched and dented, Have any of you put a new muffler on your bikes and have this part laying around? I am willing to buy the part, please let me know I would really appreciate it, THANKS!

·
Registered
141 Posts
Pull it off and bang it out with a hammer. Better yet, buy an aftermarket exhuast.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Mine got scratched too. I checked with Honda about purchasing another one and it is $160-170 Canadian. I'll probably just put an aftermarket exhaust on in a week or so.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mine got scratched too. I checked with Honda about purchasing another one and it is $160-170 Canadian. I'll probably just put an aftermarket exhaust on in a week or so.
Oh wow, that much?? I searched some parts websites and some dealerships and the price was around 50, just for the silver guard.. but the problem is that they are backordered, or perhaps not even released yet. What Exhausts do you guys suggest. I would like to keep it classy, not too distracting or street racing-looking if you catch my drift.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Oh wow, that much?? I searched some parts websites and some dealerships and the price was around 50, just for the silver guard.. but the problem is that they are backordered, or perhaps not even released yet. What Exhausts do you guys suggest. I would like to keep it classy, not too distracting or street racing-looking if you catch my drift.
lightly hammering on a good anvil is the ticket.
any bad dings use bondo(under 10 dollars)then paint.
if you cant do it find a local handyman,one would
be able to fix that easy.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Ive got stock one as I purchased a CF, it has a little blue scratch as it leaned up against a blue bench after I took her for a ride.

Make offer? im from Aus

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
As far as repairing or blacking-out the muffler shield, having it powder coated is a better/less expensive alternative to replacing it. A good coater could repair a dent before coating also.

From the sound of it, the original coating was done poorly and can easily begin to rust on the edges where the coating is the thinnest.

Here's another alternative - http://www.cbr250.net/forum/cbr250-appearance-modifications/2815-plasti-dip-spray-thread.html. somebody5788 had good results with spray Plasti-Dip on the heat shield.

Jay

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
..The whole reason Honda made the muffler the way it is..was because the muffler guard was cheap to replace if it got damaged....Don't know where you guys are getting your quotes but here's what my research gleaned

Part # 18355-KYJ-305 COVER A, MUFFLER $25.41

·
Registered
226 Posts
Part # 18355-KYJ-305 COVER A, MUFFLER $25.41[/QUOTE]

YOU ROCK, spdklls!! My bike tipped over at a stopsign this morning and I couldn't hold it from going down... I don't know WTF I was thinking about and why my right foot wasn't on the ground. :mad: It's all kind of a blur. Anyhow... I've been absolutely SICK about it all day. Thankfully, the only meaningful damage was to the muffler guard/heat shield. I can't believe the fairings didn't get scratched. The mirror took a few scratches, but it's minimal and you'd have to be looking for it. I'm so very thankful that was all.

Enough rambling--I'm relieved to find I can make her like new again with a $25 part! THANKS SO MUCH, spdklls!

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
I painted mine with some black oven spray paint that I had around from painting my fireplace. Looks fine..sort of a matte black finish. I like it better than the silver color. Took 10 minutes and $3.00 and it covered the dent from when I did my version of the slow motion bike drop.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts