Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my new headlight unit for Rs6000 roughly 85$ They do look great. Haven't installed them yet but here are some pictures

·
Registered
Honda: INNOVA125i(2010); CBR250R(2013)
54 Posts
hello can you tell me from which site you ordered it
The special LED headlight was also stimulate my curiosity, I searched the Internet. Apparently this is a LED headlight that was made for a model that was intended to India market (Your country👍). According to the publications, that 2018 model CBR250R came with such an original headlight from Honda OEM. I have not found such an item for sale online, not even second hand, but I think this is what you should look for in your country: A LED headlight that intended to the Indian market original integrated in model CBR250R from 2018???
Maybe it appeared as a concept only for Expo 2018 display, and in the end was not manufactured at serial production ???
Source Sample: Kia SP Concept SUV, Hyundai Creta rival showcased at Auto Expo 2018 - Shifting-Gears

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm sorry for my absence. This Headlight was only made for the model that landed in India. That Thing was a mess to wire up on my bike, somehow I managed to figure it out and it's working fine. It costs around Rs6000 roughly 80$.

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
I was wondering about the connection to the existing wiring. Was it worth the hassle now that you got it working?

Do you have a Honda part number for it?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
As you can see in the image above it has 4 pins instead of 3 like in the usual High beam low beam and Ground. Not sure why they would go that route (probably to avoid people like us) XD

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
In order to wire it up, I had to open up the socket on the headlight unit (it's a screw Type socket). After doing that there is a small modification you have to do. Cut the existing 4 wires and re-wire them according to a follow-up post I will do later. The problem being the main connector that connects to the headlight unit is hard-wired in that new wiring harness (CBR250r 2018). To workaround that I cut up a Computer Power Supply PCIe power connector and used that to connect to the socket and put silicone sealant to seal from dust and water.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I was wondering about the connection to the existing wiring. Was it worth the hassle now that you got it working?

Do you have a Honda part number for it?
It was totally worth it. It looks great and changes the "whole look of the bike" The High beam is crazy strong for a bike, The low beam is meh it illuminates the road quite evenly but not brightly. Yes I do have the part number and will share in a moment

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hello, would you tell me where can I get this new headlight and if there's anyway to ship it overseas?
I'm from Indonesia and I found it's really difficult to get these anywhere online, I really wanted to update the look of my current CBR.

Thank you!
Nope, no way you can buy it online. I will share the part number soon, maybe you can try to convince your honda dealer to import it for you or something? By the looks of the package, the LED is made in INDIA.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
hello can you tell me from which site you ordered it
My Honda dealer. It's very simple actually if you reside in India. Just go to your nearest Honda dealer and tell him to order a part for you and give him the Part number that I will provide.

·
Registered
Honda: INNOVA125i(2010); CBR250R(2013)
54 Posts
I'm looking forward to more details, @Adithya Pillai. Thanks for sharing this info and your experience with us.
Just note, in India riders ride on the left side of the road, so the standard of the main lamp is a standard that is suitable for riding on the left side. For countries where the riding is on the right side it will not fit, it will dazzle even in low beam!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts